New MH370 wreckage find

The media is reporting that an aircraft component with the words "no step" on it, has been discovered on a sandbank in the Mozambique Channel, which runs between Mozambique and Madagascar.

Aviation experts have tentatively identified it from photos, as quite likely being part of the horizontal stab from a B777.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/debris-from-missing-mh370-found-7478351

As there's only one B777 currently missing in the Southern Hemisphere, then it appears this find, if proven to be a B777 horizontal stab section, will perhaps add a little more info to the MH370 puzzle.

One interesting aside to the story, is that Martin Dolan has been quoted as saying, that if the search for MH370 concludes in July as planned, without MH370 being found - then the inescapable conclusion is that the aircraft was glided from its last-reported, engine-flame-out position - and that could only have been done on purpose, by a very much alive pilot, carrying out a specific, very-remote-ditching, plan.

• Haha 1

Yes, the find and the whole deal is a little curious. A bloke who is a blogger - and who claims to be carrying out a private investigation into the MH370 loss - goes to Mozambique - and within days of landing there, just happens to find an aviation component, that COULD have come from a B777, floating around, just offshore. You're right, it doesn't look like its been in the water for a week - let alone nearly 2 yrs.

Unfortunately, being the old cynic that I am - I smell a great big, SELF-PROMOTING SCAM. wtf.gif.98144920f830741b92569ef3d0e64f88.gif

It must be torturous for family members whom I saw recently speaking to media to have their hopes dashed time and time again. To quote .. " we would just like some closure and be able to put our family members to rest"

If this person is profiting from deception and attempting to get payment or some form of media reward he should be punished for diverting the search or re starting a search again..

• Like 1

Yes, the find and the whole deal is a little curious. A bloke who is a blogger - and who claims to be carrying out a private investigation into the MH370 loss - goes to Mozambique - and within days of landing there, just happens to find an aviation component, that COULD have come from a B777, floating around, just offshore. You're right, it doesn't look like its been in the water for a week - let alone nearly 2 yrs.Unfortunately, being the old cynic that I am - I smell a great big, SELF-PROMOTING SCAM. wtf.gif.98144920f830741b92569ef3d0e64f88.gif

Over a year ago I posted in this forum that debris would wash up on the East Coast of Africa, if I bothered to back track to the stories why I knew that, I could be more precise on the general area due to the knowledge coming from multiple practical examples of boat wrecks off the West Coast of Australia and where they ended up in Africa a year later.

If I can predict that just from a few news stories, then it's no surprise that someone who investigates more thoroughly with the aid of documented weather, tide and current patterns, would be able to narrow the coastal search area considerably, and with the width of the debris field, I for one am not surprised that a single piece was found quickly.

• Informative 1