RAAus Constitution Reform Result

Admin

No, you appeared to be suggesting that vote stacking may have occurred.

It is indeed good that everybody appears to have accepted that vote stacking has NOT occurred.

Vote stacking can usually be seen if a particular electorate has an anomalous return. The only anomalous return I have seen is for Tasmania, where I understand 100% of the votes (including proxies) was for the NO case.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proxy counts were verified by an independent lawyer (not a firm with a link to RAAus).

The count in the room was the best controlled I've ever seen. As you came in the door you were checked for financial membership. Members were given a voting card and non members got nothing but tea and bikkies afterwards. Those with proxies were given a card with numbers on them for Proxies directed in favour and against and no direction.

Voting was very well controlled.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

It is indeed good that everybody appears to have accepted that vote stacking has NOT occurred.Vote stacking can usually be seen if a particular electorate has an anomalous return. The only anomalous return I have seen is for Tasmania, where I understand 100% of the votes (including proxies) was for the NO case.

Hold up. I voted yes. Via chairman proxy. By form signed at Devonport during meeting with CEO and President.

Not that it matters now but where do you get your info from?

Aha - AFAIK, that 100% NO vote was for the personal vote and proxies delivered by the Tasmanian Board member. But I wasn't at the meeting and others would have to verify. I imagine proxies from Tasmania delivered by OTHER than the local Board member, were not tallied as 'Tasmanian' votes.

The proxy counts were verified by an independent lawyer (not a firm with a link to RAAus).The count in the room was the best controlled I've ever seen. As you came in the door you were checked for financial membership. Members were given a voting card and non members got nothing but tea and bikkies afterwards. Those with proxies were given a card with numbers on them for Proxies directed in favour and against and no direction.

Voting was very well controlled.

I'm very pleased to hear those two phases of the ballot were handled so well.

• Like 1