RA-Aus BAK exam

I found that the exam questions were very poorly expressed, which causes some confusion about what they are actually asking. Not a good way to educate and test people.

Seems to be the general consensus. I'll fumble my way through it. Hopefully they'll make changes for the better in the future

Working over older exams is (unfortunately) the best and most effective way to pass in this area. This is another example of the dumbing down of REAL knowledge that makes you safer in your aviation environment, rather than TICK a box to keep the Lawyers from someone's door. Nev

Seems to be the general consensus. I'll fumble my way through it. Hopefully they'll make changes for the better in the future

If you read the book, answer the questions for each chapter, talk to your instructor about anything at all that is not clear, you will pass. You will not fail because you got one or two badly worded questions wrong. You have to get 11 questions wrong to fail. You can't just blame the one question that may be ambiguous!

• Agree 2

Working over older exams is (unfortunately) the best and most effective way to pass in this area. This is another example of the dumbing down of REAL knowledge that makes you safer in your aviation environment, rather than TICK a box to keep the Lawyers from someone's door. Nev

Where are older exams available?

FC,I failed my exam, that one question ruined my chance to fly.

There is no question about water freezing, but in recreational aviation opposed to civil aviation that one is wrong in all aspects.

I understand that jumbo's can get fuel moisture freezing at tens of thousands of feet altitude, but the test is not about civil aviation, they don't use carburettors at that altitude.

I have no interest in weighing pax in a commercial plane, then having to calculate the fuel load in Gallons/LBs/liters, so why is it part of the test, is beyond me,

spacesailor

Can't see how one question ruined your chance to fly, why wouldn't you just re-sit the exam?
  • Agree 2

I was told that Casa tells RAA what to put into the test, then the clubs interpret that their own way, and then the instructors can put their own twist onto the final bit the student has to pass.

For someone with very little schooling it doesn't give any hope for getting that elusive pass.

spacesailor