NEW ! The NEW Top Gear TV show - Hitler's Response.

Phil Perry

But it is so true, I watched the first episode the other night, well part of the episode, old bottle brush was right...it was boring and yes they were trying to make it feel like the old Top Gear....it failed miserably... I couldn't be bothered watching the new series, thank God I can go and watch Jeremy and his crew with the reruns on Foxtel, I have seen many episodes of the old Top Gear and I still sit there peeing myself laughing...for all of his failings and he has a few, Jeremy Clarkson IS Top Gear and together with the other 2 it just makes the right chemistry, it's like the 3 Stooges Moe is the leader and Curly and Larry pull it all together...that's all there is too it..

David

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

Auntie doesn't seem to get it that the threesome are Top Gear, their tenure was such that they owned the show. Chopping the cast about might work for crappy soapies, but not in the case of Top Gear.

• Agree 1

Australia found out that they coulcn't replace the three. Our version was not worth turning the TV on. A comedian, a great jazz player ond I can't remember what no 3 was, but they should have stuck with their day jobs.

Clarkson seems to be an absolute as****le, but great entertainment.

• Agree 2

Is the shame for not remembering the third, or for actually remembering the other two.

The jazz musician is in my opinion one of the best trumpeters, but not as good as Clarkson at blowing his own trumpet.

Australia found out that they coulcn't replace the three. Our version was not worth turning the TV on. A comedian, a great jazz player ond I can't remember what no 3 was, but they should have stuck with their day jobs.Clarkson seems to be an absolute as****le, but great entertainment.

One of the script/comedian writers for Oz Top gear actually worked in my city for a year teaching conversational English, "Party" was his name for real, changed by deed poll.

He said the show was cringeworthy because the director spent 90% of the time on cinematography and wouldn't listen to the oft suggestions of the 3 script writers, especially ignoring them on location and he prefered the ad-lib Ocker'ism.

Many don't get it that Top Gear was a true buddy adventure show that just happened to have cars as the foundation.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Many don't get it that Top Gear was a true buddy adventure show that just happened to have cars as the foundation.

Hence my comment earlier. The UK version actually had little to do with cars, they were incidental to the generally humorous and non-PC nature of the show. Real people don't like nancy-PC crap.