Political style election

frank marriott

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbs, why does the existence of CASA protect anyone from litigation? I can imagine that between the RAAus and its insurers, some sort of SMS would be in place anyway.

That's been my point Bruce;any issue of the cost of building and maintaining a safety, compliance and enforcement system belongs th the self administering body and their performance is reflected in the insurance premium cost.

They write the stuff we pilots cannot understand, and if you didn't notice the lawyer did more talking that the CEO at the senators inquiry re the Jabiru matter. Their influence is all pervading. That's been well known for years. Nev

• Agree 1

They write the stuff we pilots cannot understand, and if you didn't notice the lawyer did more talking that the CEO at the senators inquiry re the Jabiru matter. Their influence is all pervading. That's been well known for years. Nev

If you don't understand, write back to them; the regulations are a dogs breakfast but very few people take the time to tell them.

The Senate sequence you are referring to was an estimates committee; the lawyer was also a senior executive, there for the estimates committee as his position dictated.

Lawyers draft the regulations, CASA is the regulator, no surprises there.

Interesting that you pitch a tale of the 400 kg gorilla, and the "one-sided Deed"; when you were a board member you just ignored the deed; so that it just so much hot air.

Really? Quite an assumption without any knowledge and without merit for a further response.

. . . . There's no Big Gorilla running around the Bowen Basin telling mining companies they have to have an SMS;

Not the Coal Mines Regulation Act or the Dept of Mines or the Joint Coal Board or the Unions or . . . .

Really? Quite an assumption without any knowledge and without merit for a further response.

No assumption; I refer you to the attached link "Sport Pilot Aviation Handbook 2010, and in particular, Page 24 which refers to checklists "to assist existing or incoming board members understand the responsibilities they are taking on as a board member of a recreational aviation administration organisation."

Members might also like to read this handbook and see why CASA have been so agitated with the line RAA were taking.

And there is quite a bit of discussion on this site, about the job specifications of board members.

(Link to follow - pdf too large)

Not the Coal Mines Regulation Act or the Dept of Mines or the Joint Coal Board or the Unions or . . . .

Of course, now I remember the character assassination of Ed Herring, and Myles and all the time that 2010 handbook was hanging up there like the sword of Damocles......

No assumption; I refer you to the attached link "Sport Pilot Aviation Handbook 2010, and in particular, Page 24 which refers to checklists "to assist existing or incoming board members understand the responsibilities they are taking on as a board member of a recreational aviation administration organisation."Members might also like to read this handbook and see why CASA have been so agitated with the line RAA were taking.

And there is quite a bit of discussion on this site, about the job specifications of board members.

(Link to follow - pdf too large)

My suggestion of "assumption" relates to your suggestion that I ignored the Deed. You were not a party to any correspondence on the Board Forum nor any Board Meeting, nor emails nor phone calls. So it can only be an assumption based on zero facts.

One of the reasons RAAus achieved so little against the advisory booklet was that we were so underfunded. RAAus did work delegated by CASA to RAAus for which we were paid about 5% of what it cost. The same CASA responsibilities CASA carried out for GA and fully funded them. In the last 6 years my opposition to the Deed as a completely unbalanced arrangement has been unrelenting.

Of course, now I remember the character assassination of Ed Herring, and Myles and all the time that 2010 handbook was hanging up there like the sword of Damocles......

WTF! I was not on the Board at anytime when Ed Herring was on the Exec nor when the nepotism involving Myles was being promoted. Again, Alan you come up with outlandish comments for which you have no capability of any substantiation. Have to say I am very disappointed and way below your usual standard of thoroughness. More like something you would expect from F_T.