Hi all

Mewp

Hi, I'm Matt, just retired and looking to fly for the fun. I sold the old Cessna and decided to move to a LSA. Did my RA-Aus certificate conversion a couple of months ago in a Tecnam and it looks like I'm now the proud owner of a Sportcruiser if all goes well.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Matt - will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Sportcruiser - they have a bit of a reputation of being overweight and not great climb performance - although a constant-speed prop would help.

Thanks for the welcome. I am located in south Gippsland Victoria. Am looking forward to doing cross country flying between Vic and Qld. I sold the old Cessna due to operational and maintenance costs always rising. I spent 3-4 months looking at LSA aircraft and there were not a lot of young a/c suited to longer flights available here. The Sportcruiser can carry what I need and gives good economy and range. I find the extra weight suits the way I fly and it still looks good. The Cessna was a tough old bird that could handle almost any situation, getting used to the low MTOW of LSA aircraft will be the challenge. Neil, I think we met briefly at Penfield a month or so ago.

Thanks for the welcome. I am located in south Gippsland Victoria. Am looking forward to doing cross country flying between Vic and Qld. I sold the old Cessna due to operational and maintenance costs always rising. I spent 3-4 months looking at LSA aircraft and there were not a lot of young a/c suited to longer flights available here. The Sportcruiser can carry what I need and gives good economy and range. I find the extra weight suits the way I fly and it still looks good. The Cessna was a tough old bird that could handle almost any situation, getting used to the low MTOW of LSA aircraft will be the challenge. Neil, I think we met briefly at Penfield a month or so ago.

Ah yes! So when are you over Penfield way again?