Wanted Student pilots to navigate

I wonder what plan B is if someone hacks into the GPS satellite system.

Doubt they'll hack into all of them.

China and Russia have their own, along with USA.

The latest mobile phones can use all 3...

Hard to get lost these days!

Reading the story it comes across as making more sense, they didn't actually head to Melbourne by mistake but rather as they had entered one wrong digit and killed their navs so they were going to land back at Syd to get it fixed but conditions had become in favourable so rather went to Melbourne.

As far as I can see I am happy with their approach to the problem. How cranky would everyone be if they pushed on and got lost for real?

Maybe Dutch could give us an idea of company policy in a similar situation.

• Like 1

Reading the story it comes across as making more sense, they didn't actually head to Melbourne by mistake but rather as they had entered one wrong digit and killed their navs so they were going to land back at Syd to get it fixed but conditions had become in favourable so rather went to Melbourne.As far as I can see I am happy with their approach to the problem. How cranky would everyone be if they pushed on and got lost for real?

Maybe Dutch could give us an idea of company policy in a similar situation.

Unfortunately for these pilots they ignored the warnings the aircraft computer was giving and got airborne before trying to work out the problem. They should have stayed on the ground to address the warnings!