Passed my RA-AUS flight test today!!

So after about 6 months of training I finally passed my flight test and the remaining 2 exams I hadn't done yet! Worst part was having to go to work all day afterwards before I could have a few celebratory beers!

• Like 7
  • Winner 5

Congratulations, give yourself a pat on the back.

As OK said- you now have permission to keep learning by yourself. The day you stop learning is either the day you hang up your wings or leave the mortal coil.

Have fun and keep a open mind

• Like 1

I still remember my flight test.

It was without doubt the most valuable lesson I had in all of my training.

In hindsight, I am convinced that I had passed my flight test long before we got to the actual test.

As I said my actual test was probably the best lesson my CFI gave me in all of my training

• Like 1

I still remember my flight test.It was without doubt the most valuable lesson I had in all of my training.

In hindsight, I am convinced that I had passed my flight test long before we got to the actual test.

As I said my actual test was probably the best lesson my CFI gave me in all of my training

Why was that Geoff? Would love to hear more about this.

Congratulations, give yourself a pat on the back.As OK said- you now have permission to keep learning by yourself. The day you stop learning is either the day you hang up your wings or leave the mortal coil.

Have fun and keep a open mind

Yeah I was told that when you start thinking you know it all you start getting dangerous

Congrats Parkway! Can you share any details of your flight test?

It was overcast at about 3500, light winds, and fairly smooth air. A few light rain showers around so vis wasn't the best. Actually we hit one in the way out and had to duck down to about 2500 to stay clear. We just departed to the training area as normal, did some steep turns, stalls, simulated engine failure, precautionary field inspection... All stuff I was pretty comfortable with. We headed back in and I had to ask tower to switch to the circuit runway (as I had just called a normal inbound call out of habit) so I had a bit of a mouthful of a clearance to read back but managed it ok. Did some short field landings/take offs,a flapless landing and glide approach. My short field was probably the worst I've ever done but still within limits and safe, I just came in way too hot and floated a bit. All went pretty well. My GoPro stopped recording halfway through so I didn't get the circuit entry and all the landings which was a bit of a bummer.

It didn't really sink in until if finished signing the paper work and the instructor said congratulations.. I was like oh s$@t! That's it!! And then had to go to work all day which was a major buzz kill hahaha

• Winner 2

big big congrats Parkway, its soo exciting hey, did you do your training in town?

I started learning to fly in a piper warrior out in Kalgoorlie but I did my ra Aus training at Jandakot airport