v6 Fonts

Admin

You are probably getting sick of me by now asking for your comments/preferences on the site upgrade but here is the next topi...

Fonts Fonts Fonts Fonts Fonts

Currently we use the Georgia font in posts but there are so many out there that I believe are far more readable and can add a different dimension to the way the site looks as a whole.

Personally I like the Droid Sans font:

396px-DroidSansSpecimen_svg.png.9c88584f128fcd3c6a6a4a1afc10d3b2.png

Any thoughts?

• Agree 1

I prefer a sans serif font. 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

You may have noticed that I often change the font on my posts to Tahoma (or good old Arial).

Droid Sans is OK by me - and IMHO more suitable/readable than the current font (Book Antiqua?).

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I prefer a sans serif too. Have been using Arial in posts, but it loses readability in large paragraphs. Calibri looks good in Word for larger blocks of text.

How about a "hand written" font for signature - Bradley Hand ITC, Vladimir Script (old Qld script) or more modern Catholic School Girls Intl BB. That's only if you think users would bother changing font for a signature.

441608199_Scriptfonts.jpg.6070923b5ca9c6999784e6e4f2f0c5f2.jpg

I'll be happy with whatever you decide.

Sue

Microsoft has done this to death. If you read around, they have done a lot of research on the subject with real end users.

The basic idea with screen fonts is to avoid serif's. The UI guys tend to stick with fonts like Verdana or Tahoma (my preference for readability) for text below about 10pt, and plain old Arial for font above 12pt. There is also recommendations on colour choices to make reading easier.

I know every rags on MS, but as a programmer myself they have invested a lot of research in how end user actually respond to UI design. For the programmers among us, we tend to disagree with a lot of it, but when you take the time to sit down and see how users click about and read stuff you will change your opinion. All my UI design is hijacked from MS because they do it better than anyone else as far as end users are concerned (as opposed to IT nerds).

BTW, if you want to compare readability of fonts, read this forum then go look at a google search. I think the use arial and san-serif (more or less the same as arial).