Before CAGIT.

Lots of learned peoples on here, maybe some old enough to remember.

Would anybody know the whereabouts of the forerunner of CAGIT?.

Perhaps we could bring life back to it & get it travelling again...............anybody?.

CAGIT ? Please explane.

Come And Get It Trophy - RAAus has it, each pilot that Comes and Gets It gets to have his/her name engraved on it. There are rules about distances (so you can't just hand it around) and Dexter Burkhill keeps track of it. See the latest location in Oct 2016 Sport Pilot. It lingered long up north of NT.

I just asked the Better Half - he can't remember anything before the current CAGIT, however I think there was an earlier CAGIT that ran out of room for names. It was retired in favour of this long tall one. I can't remember a "trophy" before CAGIT. I will have a look through the old magazines when I get home.

Was just south of Glen Innes last week but I believe it was collected by someone from esperence over the weekend.

I just checked and yes it was handed over on the weekend.

If you have facebook search Cagit Hunters

Before CAGIT there was the 'Pis' ton Broke' trophy.

You had to travel min 130knm to claim it. Last location I can trace it to was Moonta in SA, as printed in the June '03 AUF Mag. C'mon let's find it & resurrect for a new life.

I have it and it will be on display at the RAAus stand at Ozkosh tomorrow and Sunday and then on its way to Esperance via the RAAus AGM.

Anyone who wants to CAGI will have to come to Esperance (after 23 Oct) to do so.

The Trophy weighs 2.1 kg and is about 300mm tall. It is being engraved at the moment. I will post more details after I collect it tomorrow morning.

DWF

Brumby 7780

I was told recently it originated in Lethbridge - YLED.

Big things happening out there at Lethbridge at the moment - growth, new business, new hangars and fuel to name a few.

Check out the a thread on site here - Lethbridge on growth steroids..080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif