Wright Bro's program on ABC Ch 2 now.

Brilliant program, very well researched. Of course, the Smithsonian Museum would not, and could not, agree to it to the fact they weren't the first to fly. Wilbur Wright was a very shrewd man and locked his false claim in history. The representative of the museum is just as pretentious as Wright.

If you didn't see it, start searching the net or use catch-up on smart tv's.

The Wrights never claimed they were the first to fly . or perhaps even the first powered flight, as far as I know, but the issue was the controllability of their design which had wing warping and positive control of roll, other than as a further effect of yaw achieved by rudder application in other designs. After quite a few years of doing very little, they appeared at the Paris air show about 1909 and literally amazed the onlookers with their well controlled banked turns. The French were so impressed they built the Wright "Flyers" under licence, soon after. The large amount of scepticism that had arisen by the passage of time with nothing being done publicly of any significance was removed by the demonstration of the flying capabilities of the plane then and there. Nev

The Wrights never claimed they were the first to fly . or perhaps even the first powered flight, as far as I know, but the issue was the controllability of their design which had wing warping and positive control of roll, other than as a further effect of yaw achieved by rudder application in other designs. After quite a few years of doing very little, they appeared at the Paris air show about 1909 and literally amazed the onlookers with their well controlled banked turns. The French were so impressed they built the Wright "Flyers" under licence, soon after. The large amount of scepticism that had arisen by the passage of time with nothing being done publicly of any significance was removed by the demonstration of the flying capabilities of the plane then and there. Nev

I watched that program last night as well, I think there is no doubt that the Wrights were not the first powered flight but I always thought it was the first "controlled powered flight" but the Smithsonian with their signed contract would never admit that they weren't...well not unless they were to get rid of the Wrights Flyer...

David