Incident at Essendon 13/12/2016

biggles

I just knew you would slip in something controversial here...kaz

Well I'm extremely disappointed if I'm becoming readable, I'll have to try harder.

Was humour by the way, not controversy, I'll add a 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif next time ...

The article has a classic statement " "We were lucky that when the plane did stop it was in its final part of slowing down," he said."

Now, I'm a bit confused how an aircraft of any size can be taxiing, (which infers slow speed) have a wheel collapse and skid for half a kilometer. The other bit of a gem is the "unrelated" incident mentioned at the end of the article in Moomba SA on Tuesday. Fortunately the final report won't be written by a journalist.

• Like 1

The flying doctor sure has expensive planes these days. I remember them operating with pommy Dragon Rapides out of Alice Springs town strip. One day, one of these failed to become airbourne when departing Hermannsburg. They had to use pommy planes because Bob Menzies was an anglophile.I don't know what the temperature and density altutude was, but they might have been extreme.

I reckon a 2 engined big Jabiru would be a good plane for them. Fixed U/C and made in Australia.