First Aircraft Purchase - Exciting!!!

scre80

Glad to hear you made it back safely.

You know I'd like to take all the credit for my safe trip back, but I can't. My original flight plan was to take me through some very tough terrain, and as it turned out some very dangerous and long lasting weather for VFR. A couple of friendly local flight instructors gave me a heads up about the disadvantages of my plan and suggested another. The other person that helped me with the timing of the flight was a call to the weather bureau, the number that is listed at the bottom of the ARFOR's. After going through my amended flight plan, she gave me some very accurate forecasts for the next few days for the areas along my flight path. The moral of the story, don't be too proud to listen to the professionals, ignore their advise to your perril.

• Like 4

Well I have the keys now, and been up twice, great little aircraft!!! Smile not gone, still there!!

Congratulations Scre80 on your new purchase, any pics of your pride and joy? Here's one or two of mine.Cousins.jpg.ba6b4e74bef4fa538c99ff0d49d4c7ae.jpg

16999206_10210774419350209_2371873627221219741_n.jpg.058268a810e1ccd7cc6738c50a5473e8.jpg

17021860_10210774419070202_4208373890616548586_n.jpg.f2d4215b29bf5d712297871b1003887e.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations Scre80 on your new purchase, any pics of your pride and joy? Here's one or two of mine.[ATTACH]49128[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]49129[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]49130[/ATTACH]

[GALLERY=media, 3902]IMG_20170224_142450 by scre80 posted Feb 26, 2017 at 9:36 PM[/GALLERY]

Here you go

• Like 4

Looks good from the photo. Tell us a bit more about it.

It is a zodiac CH601 HDS, it was built in the US and imported to Australia some years ago. Believe I am the 3rd owner in Aust. Has a rotax 912 UL, cruises around 100 to 110 knots.

Colour, well not my first choice but it stands out!!!

It is a zodiac CH601 HDS, it was built in the US and imported to Australia some years ago. Believe I am the 3rd owner in Aust. Has a rotax 912 UL, cruises around 100 to 110 knots.Colour, well not my first choice but it stands out!!!

Really - 100-110 knots - thats outstanding for a 601 - I'm guessing its the 100hp Rotax?

Way to go Scre80

'Tis a tad bit exciting your first very own aircraft

I had a few trikes first which loved and cared for

Had the Tecnam for just over 4 years and still to this day gives me a fuzzy feeling every time I see it, polish it, wash it

Some things you just love to be around

Enjoy, it only gets better

• Like 1

Congratulations on both you on securing your first aircraft, I know how excited I was when I got my sporty back to Redcliffe after a nearly 900 nm trip....all the guys in the hangar stir me up all the time..."David you cleaning that plane again" yes I say..they laugh but I love doing it, maybe that me I just like her clean and looking good...I am sure both you guys will be that same...So enjoy and be safe maybe one day we can get together..

Tony are you going to Clifton this Sunday? maybe we will see each other there if you are going...

David

• Agree 2

Congratulations on both you on securing your first aircraft, I know how excited I was when I got my sporty back to Redcliffe after a nearly 900 nm trip....all the guys in the hangar stir me up all the time..."David you cleaning that plane again" yes I say..they laugh but I love doing it, maybe that me I just like her clean and looking good...I am sure both you guys will be that same...So enjoy and be safe maybe one day we can get together..Tony are you going to Clifton this Sunday? maybe we will see each other there if you are going...

David

David,

The more you wash and polish and be around your plane the better you be at finding anything out of the ordinary

• Agree 1

Congratulations on both you on securing your first aircraft, I know how excited I was when I got my sporty back to Redcliffe after a nearly 900 nm trip....all the guys in the hangar stir me up all the time..."David you cleaning that plane again" yes I say..they laugh but I love doing it, maybe that me I just like her clean and looking good...I am sure both you guys will be that same...So enjoy and be safe maybe one day we can get together..Tony are you going to Clifton this Sunday? maybe we will see each other there if you are going...

David

Thanks David, if the weather is good, yes, I'll be flying out to Clifton. There's a fly-in breakfast at Watts Bridge that morning, so I'm planning to go there first, I need some fuel, then on to Clifton. It'll be great to catch up.Cheers Tony

• Like 1