Private Airstrip

sparksdusty

I'm still trying to work out how I can invite pilots to a 'Drifter Weekend' at my new 'strip at Woolooman S E Qld - it's only 200 metres and surrounded by hills - so it's for STOL aircraft only (and probably light as well, perhaps even pilot only and half fuel) so it may just be all too hard

Tried to arrange public liability insurance just for a weekend and was told it was not 'financially feasible' for insurance companies - but they would 'consider' a 365 day policy...

Remember the good old days when you could expect people to take responsibility for their own actions? Those days are long gone...

Apparently waiver forms are not worth the paper they are written on either - thought about telling pilots there would be a huge firepit and half a cow on a spit and free beer on a certain date and that there is an airstrip but you can't land on it but if you do I will be very angry - and I will throw things at you like cans of beer and cow burgers to indicate my wrath - but that's not going to stand up in a court of law, is it?

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Wow. You have sime much knowledge of the area. Honour to talk to you.

Yes as a student RAA pilot having flown on my airstrip a few times its not until your in the air do you realise that it's true tiger country. Beautiful but dangerous.

Reason why I'm determined to fight it's existing use. Nowhere safe to land around here.

I didn't know wombeyan caves had marble, fascinating I thought it was all granait

No idea.

I'm waiting to be hit by the public liability issue with the neighbour aswell. Sounds like a fantastic weekend.

Is the cost outrageous?

There must be a way to do it. Im not sure how many members this forum has but if the cost of insurance is expensive maybe we could all contribute a nominated amount to help our fellow flying enthusiasts.

I know I would.

I'm still trying to work out how I can invite pilots to a 'Drifter Weekend' at my new 'strip at Woolooman S E Qld - it's only 200 metres and surrounded by hills - so it's for STOL aircraft only (and probably light as well, perhaps even pilot only and half fuel) so it may just be all too hardTried to arrange public liability insurance just for a weekend and was told it was not 'financially feasible' for insurance companies - but they would 'consider' a 365 day policy...

Remember the good old days when you could expect people to take responsibility for their own actions? Those days are long gone...

Apparently waiver forms are not worth the paper they are written on either - thought about telling pilots there would be a huge firepit and half a cow on a spit and free beer on a certain date and that there is an airstrip but you can't land on it but if you do I will be very angry - and I will throw things at you like cans of beer and cow burgers to indicate my wrath - but that's not going to stand up in a court of law, is it?

Any ideas?

Well not since you published this anyway; we all know what a wink wink nod nod is, including the Judge.

I would make a few more inquiries about one-day insurance. There are many "annual events", including Rodeos, Motorcross events, Rallies, race meetings (horse/car etc)

I'm not sure what speedways do these days, but they used to take out event days only PL Insurance,

• Agree 1

Neil do you fly?

no I use an aeroplane 097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

had a flysynthesis storch s could get onto a mates strip he would not know I was there get off at first light and not wake him them bloody red healers gave me away his house was half way along the strip neil

• Haha 1

Strip insurance is something RA Aus should look into for the benefit of its members. With the appropriate plans that can be then vetted by a suitably qualified person then an insurance policy could be issued on a per plane levy. Have 12 planes visit, pay 12 levies.

My Motorcycle Club is a member of Motorcycling South Australia which provides us insurance for events for a levy on each entry.

You betcha.I can completely understand why he doesn't want it but he brought the property knowing that it had the strip. I heard via the grape vine that he always had the intention to have it removed. Cheap block thinks now he can profit from it.

I'm not prepared to give it up.

Anyone want to come to my place to fly!!!

I will be down with my Powered Parachute , low n loud , lol
  • Like 1