2017 RADIAL FLY IN - HALFPENNY GREEN UK -29 APR.

Phil Perry

Some friends attended this local fly-in, I was on home maintenance duties.

Thanks to friend Graham Wiley for most of the video footage. Nice AN-2 flight included.

• Like 3

Excellent video Phil. thanks for sharing.

I'm glad it was of interest Sir !

The bit at the very end, showing four pilots involved in organisng the show having a celebratory beer, contains the bald coot and videomeister Graham Wiley at third from left, and the bloke 2nd from left is another Graham, both are Foxbat owners and Both very active residents of our Aero Club, at Otherton. The Lady is a YAK owner / pilot.

If you noticed the short scene with a small child being lifted into a Rans S6 cockpit, that is the latest completed 'School Student 'Build a Plane' project, of which all those four people were involved as helpers That Rans was the third such aircraft in the programme, which has turned out to be very popular with the Kids, and all of the school helpers who have participated get some free flying along with a series of flight lessons too. My bit of a job on the previous one was to supply and fit the registration graphics and cockpit / airftame labelling ( free of charge of course ) ! The aircraft kits are paid for by private subscription / donations and all of the building work is voluntary.

OOOOPS ! ! !

The DeHavlland Vampire shown in the above video has ripped up rather a lot of the tarmac from Runway 10 at Halfpenny Green.

I am just waiting for permission from the copyright owner to post the video. . .

I have permission from the owner to post the link only, with credit to the owner Mr. Graham Innes.

Please remove the 'X' following the word 'youtube' in the link.

Some wag has posted a warning that Runway 10 is going to be out of action for a while,. . . I suggested that Runway 28 wouldn't be much good either ! ! !

Worth watching. . .spectacular !

• Like 1

Dr Macadam would not have been impressed with the surface preparation.

WW2 airfield. . .always short of finance. . .luckily, it's a standard RAF 'Triangle' plan, so there are 2 spare runways meaning that it won't have to close down whilst repairs are carried out.

I hope the Vampire operator is well insured ! !

WW2 airfield. . .always short of finance. . .luckily, it's a standard RAF 'Triangle' plan, so there are 2 spare runways meaning that it won't have to close down whilst repairs are carried out.I hope the Vampire operator is well insured ! !

Knowing " The Green " like you Phil , I was surprised to read that 10 was the preferred runway for the Vampire departure . 16 would have been a better bet , it's longer and presumably stronger as it does handle regular exec jets . I suppose the wind must have dictated 10 ...

I know a few Gypos who would more than happy to go out there with a shovel or two of Tarmac for a few quid ..

Dave

• Haha 1

Can't blame the Vampire operator for a deficient surface. Bring in the pikeys.

Yeah, I was only joking about the insurance bit,. . . the owner must have had prior permission to bring his aircraft to the event, so whoever authorised that is 100% responsible for the runway damage.. .

The place has only recently been bought by a new management company, rescuing it from redevelopment for housing. . . so I'll bet the residents are crapping themselves wondering how much all the fees could increase to pay for the repairs. . .

Knowing " The Green " like you Phil , I was surprised to read that 10 was the preferred runway for the Vampire departure . 16 would have been a better bet , it's longer and presumably stronger as it does handle regular exec jets . I suppose the wind must have dictated 10 ...I know a few Gypos who would more than happy to go out there with a shovel or two of Tarmac for a few quid ..

Dave

The FSU have the last say about what runway is being used for a Departure Dave, it's about the only thing they CAN do as a lowly FSU !

Here's another Vid of the startup and take off from a different angle.

Loved the video Phil, thankyou, especially the Doctor being chased by the dalek...looked like a very nice variety of everything...thanks again mate for putting it up...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David