Giant 1:4.5 scale gas turbine powered Hawker Hunter

dominicm

it might have been a biggy ?

but a quick skim of the video ............. there was nothing to compare the scale - that's always the bit I like

even a box of matches on the wing, a can of baked beans rammed up the tail pipe, a human ......... something please

JohnM - Here's another video showing blokes walking around, working on it, lifting its tail - just so you can compare.

The original is 14M long (45' 11") - so a 1:4.5 scale makes the model, 3.11M long.

• Like 1

Ummm - because RC's are under some pretty tight limitations and regulations as regards where you can fly them, how high you can fly them, how far you can fly them, their maximum weight, etc, etc.

If you're happy enough just to do continuous laps of the local football oval/recreational park - and staying within sight of it, at all times - then go for it, with your full-size RC C152 - which must not weigh more than 150kgs. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I think that hawker hunter would be worth at least $ 25k oz ? (guess) .................... computes to

£140 english pounds

There must be a skill to fly one of these remotely - probably harder than sitting in real thing

There is a lot of skill to flying them and in the case of the Hunter flying it in a scale way. I know that the owner takes a lot of pride in how he flies it as it's his favourite full size subject as well.

There must be a skill to fly one of these remotely - probably harder than sitting in real thing

Yes, Harder in some respects. Coming towards you, controls are opposite.

( Going away, stick left, goes left. Coming towards, stick left, goes right...)