Tailwheel endorsement

Can anyone suggest a tailwheel endorsement training school around Melbourne (or local regional) that 1. does training without costing $450.00 pet hour or 2. Allows you to use your own aircraft? I'm sure there's plenty around but I finding it hard to find an RAA or GA school with an available instructor. Someone advised me to go to Shepparton. I'm guessing there's a few options.

Can anyone suggest a tailwheel endorsement training school around Melbourne (or local regional) that 1. does training without costing $450.00 pet hour or 2. Allows you to use your own aircraft? I'm sure there's plenty around but I finding it hard to find an RAA or GA school with an available instructor. Someone advised me to go to Shepparton. I'm guessing there's a few options.

Secure Air (Nathan Muller) and Gawne Aviation (Allan Cole) at Shepparton can both do TW endorsements. Nathan would be my preference if using your GA aircraft.

What have you got?

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Gawne are GA only (Piper Super Cub) and Secure Air doesn't have a TW aircraft online. But Nathan is an AG Pilot and also a RAA CFI so worth talking to him about your aircraft.

I don't know the guy at Devenish.

Getting hard to find good TW instructors with inexpensive training aircraft. Dave Pilkington would have to be at the top of the class but he is an aero instructor using top gear at YMBN.

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Bruce Vickers at Lethbridge - GA & Ra-Aus - Very experienced and a great instructor - I've been flying 50 years next year - learnt on Chipmunks, flown lots of other tailwheels ( C170 UK to Australia etc etc) - he would be my choice

PM me and i'll give you his phone number - do you have an A/C in mind?

• Like 2

I got my RAA tailwheel endorsement with Eddie Maddern at Tocumwal. He charged $ 190 per hour incliuding instructor and Eurofox taildragger. I did it over a weekend with 6 hours of instruction.He has a caravan park next to the airfield. It cost me about $1150 including accommodation for 2 nights and he lent me a car gratis so I could go into town to eat. I highly recommend him. You can drive up on Friday night and come home Sunday evening with your endorsement. When I got my RPL, the endorsement transferred over.

• Like 2

Last time I checked, the Lethbridge school did not have a taildragger, but they may teach you in your own aircraft if that is where you are at.

Thanks, I think they just purchased the skyfox that was on Pickles auctions last week.

I got my RAA tailwheel endorsement with Eddie Maddern at Tocumwal. He charged $ 190 per hour incliuding instructor and Eurofox taildragger. I did it over a weekend with 6 hours of instruction.He has a caravan park next to the airfield. It cost me about $1150 including accommodation for 2 nights and he lent me a car gratis so I could go into town to eat. I highly recommend him. You can drive up on Friday night and come home Sunday evening with your endorsement. When I got my RPL, the endorsement transferred over.

Thanks, that is a great deal

Hi all,

The tail dragged arrived at Lethbridge yesterday. It was the auctioned aircraft.

I believe it's having full services being done this Wednesday so should be available for hire or training.

It's is in the Warbirds hangar.

Bruce can pass on details of the owner for training or may be able to complete training.

• Like 1