funny description

shafs64

Damaged by an x (axe I assume) and a hammer...

Sounds like a bitter ex-partner or something didn't like the project...

The nose cone isn't what worried me but the condition of the propeller and the general rusted out engine on it...

And the idea that it is the starter motor that is seized... uh... I wouldn't think it was the starter motor that is seized....

Of course you could use it as a flying machine but it would be like grandpas axe by you were finished.

An ideal rebuild project for someone with the time to spare (and money)

Basically the airframe would need to be completely stripped and replace the rusty parts, then chuck some new skins and a new donk on and she would be as good as new.

Of course you could use it as a flying machine but it would be like grandpas axe by you were finished.An ideal rebuild project for someone with the time to spare (and money)

Basically the airframe would need to be completely stripped and replace the rusty parts, then chuck some new skins and a new donk on and she would be as good as new.

Having done an extensive rebuild of a Thruster (my nephew's) after a light crash - including replacing the main tube, wing struts, and a lot of incidental work, I would say that 'good as new' -even if correct - would not be sufficient encouragement for me to even walk near it with the engine running. I've seen better bloody engineering on a Manly Junior sailing dinghy...

be fun doing a grandads axe restoration using the aircraft as a template. As long as the price was right (basically transport plus a carton of the liquid amber)

Reading the ebay text it seems to infer that $2300 was bid but that is below the reserve price. So I suspect unless it's a lot of cartons and of the most expensive amber stuff they would be expecting a lot more.

I doubt it's worth $230 let alone $2300.

• Agree 2

Damaged by an x (axe I assume) and a hammer...

Maybe it was his ex. Any woman who does that to a plane deserves to be an "ex".

Sidenote. Two other aircraft on eBay, and I think I flew both of them between 40 and 45 years ago. Beechcraft Musketeer VH-CFW was a Civil Flying School aircraft (price $30,000), and VH-CUH, a Piper Cherokee which I'm sure was a Chieftain Flying School aircraft. I know I flew VH-CUG there mid seventies. It and another Cherokee, VH-CNW, going for $42,000 the pair.