Some Vintage Wings pics

Possibly a bit of damaged wing down as well . A little bit of familiarisation at lower speeds at altitude might be in order, prior to configuring it for landing.. Good chance of pulling it off but not on a Carrier Deck. Nev

Well, you'd undo your harness first, and make sure that nothing could trap or entangle you. The two in the back would go out first while the pilot kept the thing under control. Then the pilot would climb onto his seat while holding the stick as best he could, then go over the side. I would imagine that the bailing out procedure would have been taught during type familiarisation.

Doesn't apply to a damaged plane that's having difficulty flying S&L I would not try to roll it inverted as an example. might be worth doing a wheels retracted ditching (in Calm seas) once the others are out. Nev

• More 1

How sad that Lt King ordered his crew out and then he managed to get it back to the carrier group.

I wonder how many decisions made in times of high stress look different in the cold light of a new day.

• Agree 1