Level 1 Maintenance

BirdDog

Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone else experienced this. I completed the L1 Exam about 2 weeks or so ago, and have not received any notifications etc. I can see pass in the training portal, but nothing else. Nothing on my RAA profile. So I called them and they said they would look into it, but as yet nothing.

Just want to know how long it all takes etc.

Cheers

J

• 2 weeks later...

So... A few weeks later, and nothing has happened. No KDR, no acknowledgement of completion, no update in RAA. I have emailed, but no response, so will have to wait until after Easter. Does anyone know if the system is fully functioning? Or is it still in trail phase etc?

Hi DU

Yep. It is. :). An L2 has been looking after her and he walked me through the last one early this week. But from here on in, I will be looking after her unless something major comes up.

I just think the system should not have been rolled out if it was not ready is all.

Same thing, I did the test. It said I passed. I emailed RAA and haven't heard a thing. The whole safety thing is not about safety but about compliance and having people jump through hoops so RAA can keep the lawers and insurance companies happy. So when an accident happens they can say they are not liable.

It's not just RAA but everywhere these days; church, state, business all living in fear of being sued.

I just wonder how many L1s struggled with the online test, who have built and serviced planes for years while not having a clue about the internet.

Like said above, "the rest is fairy floss".... that's a nice way of saying it too!

:) Yeah man, I hear ya!. Would be nice to get a KDR though, so at least I know what questions I got wrong. I can't even see that! :(

That's exactly one of the reasons I emailed them. If the test is for greater safety in the industry then I would have thought learning from your mistakes is of paramount importance. Lest I say anymore! The other reason I emailed them was that there was nothing to show for it on my RAA records and still is not even a year after I did the test.

That's exactly one of the reasons I emailed them. If the test is for greater safety in the industry then I would have thought learning from your mistakes is of paramount importance. Lest I say anymore! The other reason I emailed them was that there was nothing to show for it on my RAA records and still is not even a year after I did the test.

A year!!! Jesus!!! i will let you know if I get a response from my last email.

If you look under “manage my membership” then “endorsements” it should have “owner maintenance” and the date?

Thanks for that Frank. That's one question answered. I had given up looking a long time ago. Going by Murphy's Law it probably updated the day after I last looked.008_roflmao.gif.1403968ae51b10bfcd4c01d7b660b53c.gifI still wish I could find out what I got wrong in the test, it would be poor form for RAA if my plane dropped out of the sky as a result of not knowing one of the answers I got wrong in the L1 test.

If the moderators think that this site is going to be improved or anyone become a better aviator as a result of childish questions asked then it is maybe time for me to find some better way to occupy my time. Farewell

Thanks for that Frank. That's one question answered. I had given up looking a long time ago. Going by Murphy's Law it probably updated the day after I last looked.008_roflmao.gif.1403968ae51b10bfcd4c01d7b660b53c.gifI still wish I could find out what I got wrong in the test, it would be poor form for RAA if my plane dropped out of the sky as a result of not knowing one of the answers I got wrong in the L1 test.

I’ve checked mine but it’s not updated yet. Thankfully I have nothing pressing as my L2 just did the 100 on my bird.

Anyways. Happy Easter mate. Safe skies. ✈️✈️

I weakened after vowing not to ask them again if my MPC cert would do for a L1. I phoned them and was told where to find the info. I duly sent a copy of my certificat to RAAus and received a reply that they would reply within 7 days. Still waiting and it is over 7 days. Can't be bothered trying again as I know they have all they need.

I weakened after vowing not to ask them again if my MPC cert would do for a L1. I phoned them and was told where to find the info. I duly sent a copy of my certificat to RAAus and received a reply that they would reply within 7 days. Still waiting and it is over 7 days. Can't be bothered trying again as I know they have all they need.

What's a MPC certificate?

Maintenance Procedures Course. Done by SAAA for owner builders and it gives you the right to maintain your own home built GA plane. That means I can maintain and sign off on my RV4, but it is still doubtfull if I can do the same for the Corby I built 16 years ago.