New to site

Jacana

Yes, I'm new to the site. I owned a PA28 in the US. Haven't flown in Aus to any great extent but did take lessons when I was a teenager. Worked for Ansett in Cairns, among other things ,was cabin crew in F27s servicing Cape York and across to Gove Interested in building an aircraft and made an attempt several years ago but gave up. Not enough time Now have purchased a damaged Morgan Sierra as I believe I have a better chance repairing rather than taking on a complete build. Any Sierra parts gathering dust could be of interest.

Welcome aboard Jacana. There should be someone here who can help. . Flew F 27's in 1969 and DC-9's Cairns- Gove- Darwin amongst other destinations. Met Gary Morgan in the early days of the sierra's development . Nev

Welcome, Jacana. You'll find Ian's two sites to be awesome resources.

Looks like you've made a wise move. Building an aircraft from scratch is a big project. I learned that the hard way. There are quite a few Morgan builders out there, so I guess you'll get lots of good advice.

Welcome aboard Jacana. There should be someone here who can help. . Flew F 27's in 1969 and DC-9's Cairns- Gove- Darwin amongst other destinations. Met Gary Morgan in the early days of the sierra's development . Nev

Was in the F27s from around 1971 to 1980. Im sure we would have met facthunter

Was in the F27s from around 1971 to 1980. Im sure we would have met facthunter

Facthunter (Nev) is a legend on here so feel free to pass on your wisdom to others on here as he does...info exchange helps to keep us all safe

• Like 2

Facthunter (Nev) is a legend on here so feel free to pass on your wisdom to others on here as he does...info exchange helps to keep us all safe

Thanks, not sure I have any wisdom to pass on. When a DC9 went to Gove from Cairns we had to put life rafts on board and lower the tyre pressures.

Nev may remember the drama involved in putting life rafts on the 9. They had to go in the racks above the pax seats.

I have numbers of Morgan Sierra parts laying around, they are not for sale but I am happy to give you the dimensions etc so you can make the parts yourself. Nothing in them is so special you couldn't make it in a home workshop.

PM me with you email and I'll send you some other info for them.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I have numbers of Morgan Sierra parts laying around, they are not for sale but I am happy to give you the dimensions etc so you can make the parts yourself. Nothing in them is so special you couldn't make it in a home workshop.PM me with you email and I'll send you some other info for them.

Jacana , I probably worked for the opposition( TA TA) in the early days great air race. Good times. Ignore Ian . He embarrasses me but he owns this site, so I'm nice to him.. Work on your own plane and you will be sure it's done right. Nev

• Like 2

Sent the files, but 3 points to be aware of:

They are largish files, might exceed your email download limit.

I am in China, some servers services don't like emails from China, so if not there check your trash or junk inbox

Most are PDF files, you may want to put them on a USB and take them to a print shop.

Sherbrooke Street is the longest street in Montreal, Canada.

and finally, 3 out of 10 people can't count.

• Haha 1

It seems like the files came through ok. Much appreciated. Thank you taking the time and going to the trouble of sending them to me,

I'm on heavy medication, it's not my usual character.

• Haha 3