Bad/dangerous drone advertising

I wouldn't worry yourself too much about that one. It only has a 50 mtr range.(It's advertising talk for kids)

Others which have a 7km range plus should be of more concern if not flown responsibly, or within the regulations.

As a responsible drone pilot, i'd suggest you do a little bit of research into the background of this video.

However, we certainly appreciate your concerns.

Irresponsible drone flying concerns us all, and so it should, but there's also a lot of of BS hype out there .

Just check it out properly. even you might be in for a surprise.

As a responsible drone pilot, i'd suggest you do a little bit of research into the background of this video.However, we certainly appreciate your concerns.

Irresponsible drone flying concerns us all, and so it should, but there's also a lot of of BS hype out there .

Just check it out properly. even you might be in for a surprise.

As a fellow drone pilot I couldn’t agree more

There is no way the authorities can control drone operations effectively, only a small percentage would be flown within the scope of CASA's rules, just a fact of life as laws/rules are optional in everything we do especially when it comes to forms of transport.

I still can't fly my toy drone without it hitting me in the head / legs /guts/ or Wifey's flowers. . . .maybe I'll never get the 'Feel' of the weird control panel. . .Fortunately,. . .thus far,. .. I have NOT tried to fly it at more than 2 metres AGL. . . .Just have not mastered the control panel yet. . . .I have hundreds of hours on 3 axis flying appliances,( nay .Thousands) ,. .. and a few hundred hours on helicopters and Gyrocopters. . ..But WHY are these bloody things so Skittish to master I wonder ? ? ? ( Never had any exp with R/C aircraft models )

Most annoying. . . .

Signed. . . Mr. perplexed ( of Cannock )

I still can't fly my toy drone without it hitting me in the head / legs /guts/ or Wifey's flowers. . . .maybe I'll never get the 'Feel' of the weird control panel. . .Fortunately,. . .thus far,. .. I have NOT tried to fly it at more than 2 metres AGL. . . .Just have not mastered the control panel yet. . . .I have hundreds of hours on 3 axis flying appliances,( nay .Thousands) ,. .. and a few hundred hours on helicopters and Gyrocopters. . ..But WHY are these bloody things so Skittish to master I wonder ? ? ? ( Never had any exp with R/C aircraft models )Most annoying. . . .

Signed. . . Mr. perplexed ( of Cannock )

What model drone is it? Drones are most known for their fool,proof operability, the easiest thing of all r/c toys, heli's being the hardest like I learned on years without a gyro! All drones are gyro stabilised these wth a lot coming out wth baro capability as well even in cheap ones. The easiest drones are those that have the right stick set up as a heli cyclic commonly known as Mode 2. Keep at it, plenty of advice available if you need it

• Like 1

What model drone is it? Drones are most known for their fool,proof operability, the easiest thing of all r/c toys, heli's being the hardest like I learned on years without a gyro! All drones are gyro stabilised these wth a lot coming out wth baro capability as well even in cheap ones. The easiest drones are those that have the right stick set up as a heli cyclic commonly known as Mode 2. Keep at it, plenty of advice available if you need it

1) 'Fool Proof' - - - - - - -the designer never met ME.

2) Dunno the type / make as Wifey went into auto clean mode and chucked the carton away. She insists that the instruction manual was NOT inside, but can't recall what she did with it. . . It said 'WIFI Version' on the box. . . .( ? )

I doubt if it was really expensive. It has a bracket on the control panel for a mobile phone, and I have downloaded the Android app to allow the phone to receive pictures from the drone cam, but have not got that far in my training yet. . . the R/H stick is setup as you have mentioned,. . .if I only had an electronically enabled seat with the collective on one side and a pair of pedals for yaw control I'd be fine ( ! ) The left stick causes Up ness and Down ness to occur, but left / right movement of the control seems to be trim of some kind . . .Not being a stranger to aerodynamic control 'LAWS' I'd love to read the ethos.

All I have is an overlay card which sits on the controller. That should be sufficient for most intelligent model flyers, but the truth is, I don't get much of a chance t take the thing somewhere legal and safe to practice.. . .a Ten year old Lass showed me how to fly it at a farmer's field a few weeks ago, she was an ACE, even flew it inverted.

BUT. . .I don't really fancy going to see the same farmer and asking him if his young daughter wants to come out to play with a 68 year old bloke in a field. . . . it just doesn't feel right. . .. . .( ! )

Mate Glenn has a nice little Drone which is much larger than my example. It cost him £1,500.00 and has interesting features such as a superb HD camera which does stills and video,and you can pre-programme a flight into the on board ram. Plus, 'Return to origin' when the battery capacity is dropping. That's got GPS and an endurance of around an Hour. ( My 7.2 volt battery is purported to last approx 7 minutes flight time )

Fascinatin' stuff. I'll get back to you Sir, with any silly questions. ( R U Over 18 ? ? )

Buy one with GPS mode Phil.You can then take off and hover, put the remote down and wander off to make a cuppa and it should be more or less where you left it when you get back.

That sounds like flying yourself but using the Automatomic Pillock instead of doing the stuff yourself. . .handy for naughty / accidental flights in cloud but a bit on the Borin' side ? ? ? Where's the FUNN. . .?

I'd say fly in GPS mode to start with till you get the hang of making it go where you want it to go, also great for taking aerial photos and videos.

It should be limited to max altitude of 400ft anyway in the software (most are), so no cloud dancing stuff or danger to low flying aircraft.

Once you have the hang of controlling the thing, you can gain a bit of altitude as a safety buffer in case you stuff up in the controls, then switch to sports mode which takes out the GPS hold feature. It is then generally guite a bit faster and it will fly more like a R/C model.

If it gets away from you, you can always switch GPS back on and it will stop where it is until you give the TX some input to bring it back home.

Set the home point before every flight to be on the safe side. My son flew one of my DJI Phantoms out of visual range on one occasion and I thought the thing was gone forever. I simply switched the transmitter off and because it's home base was set up before flight, it then climbed a further 60 ft and then flew straight back overhead to where it took off from. Many can auto-land, but I simply switched transmitter back on and landed it myself.

Now a bloke with all your flying experience Captain Phil 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif, should be able to manage that out at Cannock Chase without giving too many people a free crew-cut. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• More 1