January 2008

Congratulations to Mick for winning last month's competition, and farewell George. Your death has been much on my mind.

Time then to begin the competition for a new month and a new year. To win the next three editions of Australian Flying magazine for absolutely FREE, simply post your pictures or stories in this thread. You have to be in it to win it so GOOD LUCK! :).

Oh, also don't forget a Caption for your image and just say if you also have another copy of the image that is:

• jpg format

• at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) at a usable size (say 6" x 4" or around 16 x 10 cms)

• and if to be considered as a cover pic - in vertical format

• aircraft(s) identified in caption

So if you win your picture could go into Australian Flying.

Get those pictures in now and show us all what you've got!!!

AND a HUGE thanks to Australian Flying for supporting this great competition 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This is serious. I have tried on several ocasions to post an image, and i think I now have one of the correct size and dpi. Now when I try I am asked for a URL of the image. What the ****is a URL. I keep my images as jpeg or psd in a folder in my documents.

HELP.

Ian,

The URL is relevant only if you have put your image elsewhere on the internet. It points to the place where it is hosted.

If the image is only on your computer, instead of clicking on the "insert image" (little mountains icons), click on the paperclip just above and to the left ("attachments") of that.

This opens a window where you can upload 5 pics at time from your computer to the website. They are then available on the little drop-down arrow to the right of the paperclip. Use this to insert them into your post.

See how you go. We can go into further detail if required.

Ross

G'day Guys

have a look here: http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4073

The things to note are:

1. Make sure in your user settings that you are using the Enhanced Interface (My Settings from the dark blue horizontal menu - My Control Panel - Edit Options from the left side menu - at the bottom there is Message Editor Interface).

2. Use the Post Reply button at the bottom of the thread

3. Write your text as you would for a normal post

4. Click on the Paper Clip button in the menu just above where you type your text

5. Click the Browse button to find the picture on your hard disk and double click it

6. Click the upload button and wait till it gets uploaded

7. Close the picture upload window

8. Click Submit Reply to submit your post.

Notes:

1. Images must be 150k or less - to shrink file size open the image in Windows Paint and resize the image to a lower % until the image file is 150k or less.

2. Images that can be uploaded can only be of the types:

bmp 150.0 KB

gif 150.0 KB

jpe 150.0 KB

jpeg 150.0 KB

jpg 150.0 KB

png 150.0 KB

psd 150.0 KB

Hope this helps!

(you beat me Ross)

Guest pecram air

January Comp.

Wow nearly the end of Jan and not a photo yet !! I haven't got anything aviation orientated but to open the account heres a phone camera view from my office window.

Phil C.

938251107_OfficeView1.thumb.jpg.d294605f400c2bda8cb11fa9e619b1ea.jpg

Guest Flyer40

Can I vote for Yenns T-28? It could have been a photo of anything and still have been brilliant. The Trojan just makes it better.

Guest airsick

My vote is for Kev's third one - the trike over water. I love the solitary feel of it. Just a lonely trike skipping across some great country side taking it all in.

Guest pelorus32

Name the City ;-)

Can't figure out how to do this resize from 60MB to 150KB and still have it look reasonable.

I need help - in more ways than one!!

M

Pic1.thumb.jpg.ec82490282418be9db2f1bfa983afaa9.jpg

Mike - I'd have to say Melbourne. Not many other cities would have the MCG so close.

(at a guess - you have dithered. You converted it to a .gif which reduces to 256 colours. Find something to convert to a smaller jpeg. Google is your friend)

I'd have to agree that Yenn's photo of the T28 at dawn is awesome and should win, but I'd like to remind everyone that like the USA, this competition is not a democracy. Shelley will decide the winner.

Let's get some more entries before the month ends. I'm taking the good camera tomorrow so I will at least get some good shots of a CT4.

Me thinks you're trying to pin-point my location.... you'll never catch me!!! Ha-ha ha-ha ha! Hey, maybe this could be the new competition.... Find my drive!

Anywho, it were a big yeller air-e-o-plane, and it went UNDER the wire. Most impressive and neves of steel no doubt, well, that or disposable pants! The only clue I can give you is the rego number VH-ODN.

Must be quite a buzz to fly like that, and no I do not intend to try it when I finally get an aircraft.

Redair.