AOPA and CASA

fly_tornado

Providing "work for LAMES" is not part of the aims of the RAAus. That was a bad slip (IF it was a slip). I won't fly with RAAus if the owner maintainer is not preserved in spirit and in fact. YOU may choose who YOU wish. that's your business but this organization was not made for rich people exclusively. Building and maintaining (not necessarily linked ) is an essential part of the ESSENCE of the RAAus. Done properly It's the MOST safe. Nev

• Agree 2

Agree facthunter... but LAME protection was stated by RAAus management. Not something I dreamt up which if it were the case would be classed a nightmare.

I agree. My understanding of what I heard and have read is that a condition for increase to 760kg is that lame's will not lose work opportunity and that is guaranteed with the rule that all above 600kg will still need to be maintained as they are now by lame and not by RAA L2, L4's etc. Cheers

I agree. My understanding of what I heard and have read is that a condition for increase to 760kg is that lame's will not lose work opportunity and that is guaranteed with the rule that all above 600kg will still need to be maintained as they are now by lame and not by RAA L2, L4's etc. Cheers

The answer is simple - leave them on the VH register and give their pilots driver standard medicals (as is their wish) and leave RAA in charge of RAA registered aircraft up to 600kg. Providing work for LAME’s is not part of our charter or responsibility.

The idea that we should take over all recreational aircraft or perish is complete and utter B/S. M&M should lower their focus and look after the current members so called rights and privileges. Stop employing extra staff for B/S positions and IT upgrades to cater for a group of people who are not yet members (and may never wish to be).

It’s costing the present members dearely to continue on this path.

• Like 3

My understanding of what I heard and have read is that a condition for increase to 760kg is that lame's will not lose work opportunity and that is guaranteed with the rule that all above 600kg will still need to be maintained as they are now by lame and not by RAA L2, L4's etc. Cheers

This was also confirmed at the PDP by CEO when asked that particular question