Side Menu Implemented

Admin

As you will now see the side column menu system has been implemented based on the recent poll showing an overwhelming vote to reintroduce this style of menu.

By default it is on the Right Side of the screen however to have it displayed on the Left Side:

1. Click your icon at the top of the menu and select Preferences

2. In your preferences simply click Left on the Menu Position option

1.jpg.4e7f61726f5adc0f844b9d0261e3e88a.jpg

It may look a bit bare at the moment but soon it will look like this:

2.jpg.f405e1110010865297c4d7ada313ddf4.jpg

• Like 1

When I change from What's New to a thread, or vise versa, the screen appears as shown below, with the menu overlapping the main page, when set to Left margin. It may be for a fraction of a second, up to a second and a half. It does not occur when right margin is selected. It's like the main screen is loaded for a right margin, then the margin loads on the left and bumps it across. I thought it may have been the screen resolution was set too high, but reducing it to 67% did not correct the problem. It happens on both sites. It also happens if I am on New Posts, and click New Posts to refresh.

1249994403_Newsidemenu.JPG.8f35fbb024d3649a592fa2267e8c36b6.JPG

The LHS takes up a lot of real estate. Maybe dump that now?

Dumping the side column in the Whats New section that holds the What's New menu and member birthdays etc would mean the removal of the What's New menu box leaving only the sub menu across the top.

The What's New page seems to be one of the main landing pages for many users so I was planning on having a Clear Prop specials box along with upcoming aviation events (the member boxes currently there are just space filler for the moment) in that side space as well so by removing that space will also remove that opportunity.

So are you sure you want this done? Do I run a poll? Or ....

When I change from What's New to a thread, or vise versa, the screen appears as shown below, with the menu overlapping the main page, when set to Left margin. It may be for a fraction of a second, up to a second and a half. It does not occur when right margin is selected. It's like the main screen is loaded for a right margin, then the margin loads on the left and bumps it across. I thought it may have been the screen resolution was set too high, but reducing it to 67% did not correct the problem. It happens on both sites. It also happens if I am on New Posts, and click New Posts to refresh.

[ATTACH=full]62162[/ATTACH]

@red750 I will see what I can do about the speed issue however a fix for that can not be implemented immediately as there are some other things that I am doing that the flow on from them will fix the issue

When hovering over a members avatar, the detail is partly obscured by the new side menu, presumably because the side menu is specified to be always on top. All detail is shown when clicked as it opens a separate page.