hang gliding harness incident

fly_tornado

All over the TV they refered to the dangling bloke as the studeht who the instructor didn't hook on. I got the impression the instructor may have hung around too long while setting the student off solo, and ended up hanging on for dear life when the ground ran out.

All over the TV they refered to the dangling bloke as the studeht who the instructor didn't hook on. I got the impression the instructor may have hung around too long while setting the student off solo, and ended up hanging on for dear life when the ground ran out.

Nope... the YT video is posted by the passenger....  and he ended up with broken  arm with surgical repair and pulled bicep tendons.... I'm sure that you watched the video for this info no doubt..... I doubt that many of us could not have held on that long... man that was Herculean!

Especially when the PIC cannot manouver a right hand turn to the first field because of being off balance to the left.... seeing them climb the second ridge with very long decent was unbelievable!  Poor form matched with raw power ....nobody dead. Unreal!

• Agree 1