Drones close Gatwick Airport

We certainly know they didn’t suspend travel based on the fact that they only had equipment enough to rescue about a third of the passengers in the event of a sinking from any cause. Action which even in the times, when lower class lives were considered expendable, was afterward found  to be poorly considered.

This was in 1912. It seems that in the following 6 years lives were not worth that much also. ....

Heathrow closed for one hour after a drone filmed flying beneath the approach path.

I still believe that the current regulations stipulate One Kilometre Minimum quarantine distance from an airport. . . . seems a bit close with respect to runway alignments I would have thought. . . perhaps this will be changed in the light of recent developments. . . 

A drone probably has about the same effect as a seagull and they allowed a garbage tip to exist near Mascot for ages. I went through a flock of them and got about 4 on approach on one occasion.. Neither are desirable and Pelicans and Frigate birds are of a  far greater risk.  Nev

On Cocos-Keelings West Island (CCK), the airport security bloke does a run up and down the runway in the airport ute, just prior to takeoff of commercial flights, to scare off all the local bantams, which exist in abundance in the scrub each side of the runway area.

The bantams aren't high flyers, so I suppose they represent a far lower risk of EFATO, than Seagulls, Pelicans and Frigate birds - but they do fly surprising well over a couple of hundred metres.