How a small fire could spell big trouble for the Boeing 787 - PopMech

Gnarly Gnu

I read error in wiring up some electronic component. It is considered a very complicated a/c. You gain performance but decrease reliability. Anyways, it's a new design. The wide bodied jets when they came out had to be rewired, I read. The engines on the A380 had a tendency to blow up. I like to wait a few years before riding in some new technology.

Talking about the A380, I rode in one to Europe a few months ago and it was the most cramped, uncomfortable flight I've ever had. The Singapore Airlines flight had a metal footrest and you couldn't put your feet under the front seat. There may be even a more cramped layout with Air India. The have an A380 that holds 800 people-all economy class Indian style.

Indian style they carry them on the roof as well

I dont' trust the dreamliner. It's sold on a No maintenance feature. Every flight would be a test flight if you have one of the first and it is flying a lot of hours or cycles.

I haven't heard of a lot of A-380 engines blowing up. The Qantas one that did it in a manner never anticipated in the design ( uncontained engine failure) had a faulty oil line elbow fitting which cracked. The engines Qantas use are also a higher thrust version that most airlines don't use.

The choice of seating is done by the airline and often relates to stage length the airline operates over and what the pax will tolerate. They are trying to have standing passengers in some ops Nev

Cramped up like a sardine in a can on a 13 hr flight is not short haul discomfort. The pax on level two paid a lot more for their bed-I would just bring my own cot next time. The 747 is still the most comfortable with ample standing room next to the exits. Soon, maybe, the guy standing there will be paying for it. What is a "no maintenance feature"?

A healthy wife. :roflmao:Alan.

Alan

Was it you who advertised your misses for sale in "Wife Trader", claiming that she was in pretty good nick for her age, because she'd already had both hips replaced and a new set of top and bottom dentures?

AlanWas it you who advertised your misses for sale in "Wife Trader", claiming that she was in pretty good nick for her age, because she'd already had both hips replaced and a new set of top and bottom dentures?

No, definitely not me unless of course she put the ad in herself.

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...