Another flying school in Warwick QLD YWCK

I am a bit concerned about council competence in terms of due diligence in this instance. As far as I can establish this is an Indian company RMP Aviation. If you google them you will find a private company worth 1 lakh of Indian rupees and a paid up capital of 1000% ie. 11lakhs in total. That is 1,100,000 rupees which at currency conversion rates current two days ago was the equivalent of $23,000 and for this the council are allowing them to use the terminal building as an office and are building them a $310,000 hangar. I would love to find out that I am wrong but the council says “commercial in confidence” and won’t release details. It would be a boon for Warwick if it was a proper company but I suspect this is a very shonky deal!

827C21B4-8468-4095-9BDB-E15B07BFD364.thumb.png.d932f001ff0a441298ce47f5d80ea85f.png

CCBBFB59-8124-4EE4-B82D-D1E9ADA51DD0.thumb.jpeg.bb900a6742498fe066d6ef380f74a70a.jpeg

• Like 1

I am a bit concerned about council competence in terms of due diligence in this instance. As far as I can establish this is an Indian company RMP Aviation. If you google them you will find a private company worth 1 lakh of Indian rupees and a paid up capital of 1000% ie. 11lakhs in total. That is 1,100,000 rupees which at currency conversion rates current two days ago was the equivalent of $23,000 and for this the council are allowing them to use the terminal building as an office and are building them a $310,000 hangar. I would love to find out that I am wrong but the council says “commercial in confidence” and won’t release details. It would be a boon for Warwick if it was a proper company but I suspect this is a very shonky deal!

[ATTACH]40812[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40813[/ATTACH]

ONLY one thing counts, do they have all the required casa approvals. I wonder if the council was able to check this with casa ? 

I am a bit concerned about council competence in terms of due diligence in this instance. As far as I can establish this is an Indian company RMP Aviation. If you google them you will find a private company worth 1 lakh of Indian rupees and a paid up capital of 1000% ie. 11lakhs in total. That is 1,100,000 rupees which at currency conversion rates current two days ago was the equivalent of $23,000

By the screen shots you posted Derek, total capital is 10 lakhs.  About $20,000.   

ONLY one thing counts, do they have all the required casa approvals. 

I'd guess it doesn't have approvals, but thinking outside the square, what if the company was set up by the company that will get the contract to build the hangar, because they have mates in council?    

Private companies are like that though, that 11lakhs is all you can sue the directors for. I'm predicting it won't be a boon for Warwick but @mnewbery will have a contrary take

That is what bothers me. Our council are totally ignorant of anything aviation related. It will just cost Warwick ratepayers and Qld taxpayers a lot of money for no return.

• Like 1

That is what bothers me. Our council are totally ignorant of anything aviation related. It will just cost Warwick ratepayers and Qld taxpayers a lot of money for no return.

Don't you get it derek?  That's the whole idea!  Council have to spend ratepayers money, so they may as well spend it with their own companies if possible.  When they do that, economic activity is created which benefits the feds and the state by generating taxes, so everyone's happy.    Except stupid taxpayers.