Savannah

Can someone what the Savannah is like to fly. i have two option on what to fly were i live one is GA the other is RA Savannah. if anyone know of any other options in mackay please let me know.

Thanks.

Love the Savannah, but it took me awhile to get to this.

I always thought they were ugly so never looked twice at one.

Then I had the opportunity to fly one, from the first flight I was hooked.

A fun all round capable aircraft. If I had to complain they are a bit slow.

But everything else about them makes up for this.

Oh, and they are not ugly anymore.

• Haha 1

Matts Flying is good.  Check out his webb site. Matt Kucks.  'Matts flying'  also on Facebook. Operates from Palmyra with his Savannah.  Best to book one flight and decide from there. I sure you won't be disappointed.  Also try GA if you need to.  Cheers

Grumpy's sav has the std twin sticks...they are way too heavy and also too close to jim and the twins so not a lot of mechanical advantage. But a lot seem to like it..its getting a hammering. Was speaking to Bill last friday night at the RAA meeting at Ycab..looks like he wants another one

The single stick is problematic if you are a large person. if your a runt like most europeans then its not a issue. Thats why I changed mine from single to twin and also modified the sticks to make it so much better. Its just a pearler now to fly. Pretty light in the sticks. I couldnt fly for more than about 90 mins as I used to get a sore hip because you have to sort of sit side saddle a bit and have your right leg shifted over a bit. Now I can fly for as long as I like and no drama

• Like 1

There is essentially no difference between the XL and S model except some better looks for the rear section of the fuselage. The wings the cabin the nose section the elevator and stab and fin and rudder are all exactly the same. Its just the rear fuselage and the way they connect the flaperon where it comes out of the fuselage to connect the flaperons. 

I am going down to see Matt in the morning. I disconnected the sav because its ugly but that could make us a perfect match. other is the stick in the middle doesn't help when you are a left hook.

But i will report back tomorrow.

Matts Flying is good.  Check out his webb site. Matt Kucks.  'Matts flying'  also on Facebook. Operates from Palmyra with his Savannah.  Best to book one flight and decide from there. I sure you won't be disappointed.  Also try GA if you need to.  Cheers

will be seeing Matt on Saturday morning. I spoke to the local flying school too.

Seeing him at 0930 but not flying. he has a booking at 10am. and i have prior booking to be at. he wants to see my log book so we can work out a plan.  

I may be still there then.  If you see the doors of the hangar 2nd from north end open call in. Cheers

I am going down to see Matt in the morning. I disconnected the sav because its ugly but that could make us a perfect match. other is the stick in the middle doesn't help when you are a left hook.

But i will report back tomorrow.

It'll just happen.  You won't be able to write well  / neat right handed; but you will be surprised how after a couple of flights it just happens and your hand does what you want.  Control is not as fine a motor skill as hand writing.  From my experience. Cheers

Love the Savannah, but it took me awhile to get to this.

I always thought they were ugly so never looked twice at one.

Then I had the opportunity to fly one, from the first flight I was hooked.

A fun all round capable aircraft. If I had to complain they are a bit slow.

But everything else about them makes up for this.

Oh, and they are not ugly anymore.

Indeed they are quite a pretty aircraft... Of course I just dream of the 'heady speed' that Savannahs cruise at... I've got a similar type that's an older design, and I flight plan at an even more racy 70kts!  Good thing is, rather than hammering along in a Grumman Tiger which I used to fly, doing 125kts, I'm actually enjoying going a fair bit slower. I now have time to actually 'spot and avoid' that tall radio mast, or to actually to see that NDB beacon... So, I'm enjoying the navigation a lot more, largely as I have got more time and less stress. What's not to like! 

• Like 1

No reason if your a molly dooker....fly from the right hand seat...its not illegal

I had a chat with Matt today. We spoke about the flying from the right seat. but he mentioned the flap handle on the left floor.  But i thing its a good opportunity to fly with my right hook.