Virgin Australia and Tigerair to cut routes

red750

I'm really peed off about Virgin dropping their OOL-PER (and vice versa) flights. I like to fly non-stop, and as it stands, Jetstar is now the only airline doing PER-OOL and return, non-stop.

As I refuse point-blank to fly Jetstar any more, after a number of JS flights we took were delayed, cancelled or late (let alone travelling with all the badly-behaved bogans), it now means we're obliged to do two-stage flights through SYD (or MEL).

The stepson and his wife live on the GC, and we like to see them fairly regularly, and it's bloody long way at the best of times.

We've scored business class most times in the past with Virgin (via upgrades), and enjoyed their flights and service. But now, it looks like we've little option, but to do the two-stage trip every time.

That makes it even harder to score an upgrade all the way through. I guess we could always try to win Powerball and buy a personal jet. 

it now means we're obliged to do two-stage flights through SYD (or MEL).

Why can't you fly to Brissy?

I've never flown Virgin other then one connecting flight recently, Bris to Melb, they always are too expensive, for my routes anyway.

Air Asia is the only airline I will never fly again, Chinese Bogans are far worse than Oz Bogans.

We can, and we have done before. But flying Perth to Brissy means we either have to rent a car from Brizzy airport (more expensive), then drive 80 kays down to the GC, incur tolls on the way, put up with the seemingly never-ending roadworks on the Pacific Hwy, and then return through the same BS.

We need to allow plenty of time to get from the GC to Brissy as you can get substantial hold-ups on the Pacific Hwy, meaning the stress levels rise.

It's so much easier (and cheaper overall) to go through the GC airport. The car hire costs are lower there, the congestion is less, and the amount of driving we have to do is greatly lowered.

As far as Q is concerned, I no longer have any interest in supporting the $24M chubby Irish leprechaun, and all his gay supporters. Q cancelled all my FF points because I didn't fly with them for 3 years - and every time I've gone to book a flight, Q was the most expensive option.

Virgin have always provided a highly satisfactory service to me, and have always provided the lowest cost flights (excluding JS) - and Virgin give you the ability to bid for an upgrade, a system which I just happen to like and enjoy.