RePL training providers - recommendations

petercoota

I want to get an RePL certificate to fly a drone under 7Kg. I have an RPL & understand that I just need to do a days practical training, rather than the whole course. Doing the research, it seems a lot of people have jumped onto the drone training bandwagon. Has anyone had a good experience they can point me to? Ideal area for me would be Canberra, then Melbourne or anywhere in between.

I want to get an RePL certificate to fly a drone under 7Kg. I have an RPL & understand that I just need to do a days practical training, rather than the whole course. Doing the research, it seems a lot of people have jumped onto the drone training bandwagon. Has anyone had a good experience they can point me to? Ideal area for me would be Canberra, then Melbourne or anywhere in between.

Thanks for the link. it leads to info about a CASA app that informs about flying zones for different classes of drones. Handy app to have, I didn't know that it existed until your link.

There is an operator in Canberra called Wing, which is developing a food delivery service.

Still haven't found a training company with a good reputation.

Looking at the CASA approved training organisations in ACT, there are only two listed - the police and Wing. The police would have obtained their approval so they could train their own people for surveillance work, and I imaging that WING needs it to train their delivery staff.

Looks like you'll have to cast your net further.

Having only two on the ACT list caused me to put out the question on this site. I've since found an outfit in Yass, FPV, & would welcome any comment about them.

G'day Mate,

I own and operate FPV Australia - just outside of the ACT.  We often run courses in Canberra, and would be happy to have a chat to you about what you are looking for, and if licensing for you is even necessary.

I am proud of our reputation within the industry that I have been a part of for 13 years. ( We started Mongrel Gear back in 2006).

Anyways... Happy to help or supply you with any info you need etc etc.

Cheers

John