Fees for using Bendigo airport

stevron

BENDIGO looks like it’s another Council looking at fees to support its expenditure to bring RPT to the local area.

The cost of high fences , airport manager, major upgrade of the terminal , pathed car parking and the new extended runway and then the other demands of the RPT operator such as screening and security costs .These upgrades cost millions of dollars , so up goes rent on the hangar land, paid car parking , landing fees , air side  parking fee and then there is the burden levied against flying clubs for operating to train future pilots , ( hear amounts of 5000$ per plane) so up goes the training costs , up go city council land rates and so on.

It is the councils that wish for such services like RTP so why do they always burden others to obtain services.

It is the council that agrees to spend the cities money on up grades for RPT operations .

It is the council that spends money on pathed car parking and security fencing etc.

None of the above will assist GA operators it’s all for RPT so let the RPT users and RPT operators pay for this facility.

Why should GA operations need to be burdened because of upgrades not required by them.

Of course RPT services will bring ASIC card requirements for air port users which will increase GA operating expenses .

Scholarships for young that are  now offered by the flying club May need to be decreased because council fee structure. 

I say if the council wants RPT let the RPT users pay .

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Time to sell the Brumby and get a boat.

Much as I love having the RV-9, I'm over the bullshyte security, outrageous fees, medicals, RAAus politics and other superfluous fluff I need just to go aviating - and am probably going to sell the -9 early in the new year. It just isn't fun anymore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Bring Out Another Thousand,

I don't keep track of the $$$ Ive dropped into my Jet-ski's. currently have the stand-up in pieces tracing an electrical fault.

But then I also don't keep track of my spending with flying lessons.

I dropped 3K into it last month... and reckon Ive got about that to spend again before Ive got my RPC

don't worry, its universal. some councils have fees on boat ramps,

and don't get me started on the illogical regulations

I am a member of Bendigo Flying Club, when we got all the upgrades and Quantas Link flying return to Sydney I thought this could be the end of our friendly, affordable club. I have also heard rumors that if there is an upgrade to the flight terminal (that the council is pushing for ) we may even lose our club house to make way for it!

The following is a letter of objection to landing fees sent to the airport manager. 

To the Manager Bendigo Airport,

Please except my sincere opposition to the City of Greater Bendigo’s plan to introduce landing fees at Bendigo Airport. I have been a member of the Bendigo Flying Club for six years.

One of the reasons I chose Bendigo to train for my Pilots Licence ( I live 40 ks from the airport) was that the local flying club has very competitively priced training rates with multiple aircraft for hire.

Introduction of landing fees will increase costs to local pilots to the point they will reduce their annual flying time (a major safety issue as you need to stay current) and our local flying club would have to increase their rates to the point that other flying school rates would become more attractive to perspective pilots, losing income to the club and the area of Bendigo.

To give an example Shepparton Airport introduced landing fees probably two years ago. Myself and most of the recreational and Instructing pilots from Bendigo  no longer fly there as it is cost preventive. Shepparton’s local flying club is now struggling due to the lack of airport traffic and increased costs.

Visitors to Bendigo arriving by train, car, bus or bike pay no entry fee to enter your beautiful city, why then should people arriving by aircraft be charged a fee? Most airport users would be prepared to pay a parking fee the same as you pay to park in Bendigo’s inner city , to charge to visit will only encourage them to visit another destination. (Losing local income for the area)

• Like 2