Airstrip Site Survey.....

That's a fairly expensive way to find out wind data. Isn't there a nearby BOM station that can provide similar information? - free of charge?

Where I am located is subject to varying wind conditions and very different to Rocky Airport 25km away. I want to test the site and log the results over time. Red dots mark strip location @ 450 metres length. Note surrounding terrain

91B6E58A-EE6A-4DE6-9A66-B8E99D14BEAC.jpeg.ff4520a4386fb78d59c7ea91d9d10729.jpeg

C74F752D-5D8E-4C2C-AD3F-A5A38C14A301.thumb.jpeg.932fe054d97b1324dbb8519271967fba.jpeg

Haven't you got an area of flatter terrain more suitable for a strip, rather than one surrounded by much higher terrain that disrupts the wind flows, and which provides "interesting" landings and takeoffs?

It's hard to see the contours of the terrain without contour levels, but I can see what appears to be sizeable raised ridges surrounding your proposed site?

Haven't you got an area of flatter terrain more suitable for a strip, rather than one surrounded by much higher terrain that disrupts the wind flows, and which provides "interesting" landings and takeoffs?

It's hard to see the contours of the terrain without contour levels, but I can see what appears to be sizeable raised ridges surrounding your proposed site?

The strip itself is quite flat and gently slopes out from the range behind it, that is the best place on my 160 acres. Living at the base of the Mt Morgan range on the Rocky side. This is the reason to survey its wind patterns, it MAY end up totally unsuitable? I do have another property nearby, but vegetation clearing is a problem.

• Informative 1

Talk to some of the local farmers. They’ll soon tell yer how things go through the year..?

The site is 2km from my homestead, I have lived here for 30 years:-)