Who is going to Temora for the Anzac Day weekend?

The Antique Aircraft Assoc are holding their Convention at Temora on the Anzac Day weekend.

Now I know that it isn't the Antique Pilot's Association, but are any of you planning to fly into Temora for that weekend?

If so, it might provide an occasion for an informal get-together for forum members.

Aye capt'n we'll be there. In fact there's quite a few people we know going who are all members of the Antiquers. We'll be heading up either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, camping overnight and heading home Sunday afternoon.

I'd love to, but I'm taking my father to Benalla to show his brother my plane. My uncle is trike ballast and I want to show him some speed.

Yet another Temora weekend I'll miss. I have to be back in Canberra in time for a ballroom dancing annual ball or I'll be looking for wife number 4.

I'd love to, but I'm taking my father to Benalla

Ross

That weekend is Fri/Sat/Sun? When are you going to/from Benalla and why can't you transit via Temora to have a cuppa with your mates from the forums ... then be home in time to try on the glass slipper.

Alternatively there is sure to be a good Samaritan on these forums who would be prepared to show #3 how to trip the lite fantastic.

EDIT ; I see that this is also a Temora Museum Flying Weekend, so access will be limited during the airshows on the Sat & Sun.

And I hear that many of the Antiquers are planning to depart Temora early on the Sunday and go over to Cootamundra for a breaky & a chat, so that might give the opportunity to fly with a few of the old birds. Might be a unique experience.

I am going for the Saturday - departing Camden early morning. Am a member of the AAAA but will be going in a tinny to fit the family !

Two 230's and a 160 from Loxton will be going. We have been invited to stay at Coota for the duration.

Hope to catch up with some of you. What we need is a sticker of somesorts to put on the plane to identify forum members.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Mat,

I would love to go but I need to do a 50 hourly on the Skylark. Also have to do an annual on the Sportstar.

Took the Skylark to Canberra last weekend and Narromine just before that. Should really spend some time at home.

The guys at Temora have flying days with the warbirds pretty regularly, maybe we should plan a trip in the future.

Cheers

Mick

20-04-2008

It looks like we will have about 50 arriving at Leeton (Brobenah Airstrip about a square mile area) for the Anzac weekend as well from a number of clubs around NSW.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif

There will also be car racing at the NE corner of the airfield.

Our first try as the Leeton Aviators Club with on site catered meals and space available for camping around the club house lawn, some room in the clubhouse for bunks and the hanger workshop.

If you are going to Temora why not drop in for a feed and a look see during the weekend.

The central strip between the club house and the AG hanger is US at the moment with the Leeton shire doing some intensive maintenance on it but will possibly be completed by the weekend. They are applying a layer of gravel to that strip with a fair bit of plant sitting on the field today. So it may not be available depending on how they consolidate the surface. Personally I would rather land on grass anyway.

But today club members have mown and marked out with white plastic drums a main grass strip roughly parallel to the the southern boundary and tarred road and there will be a grass mown cross strip which is roughly aimed at Griffith starting at the road grass strip.

Parking and tie-down of aircraft will be mostly around the outside of the club house lawn and the rear apron of the club hanger.

Guest bateo

I'd love to go, but unfortanely clashes with Mudgee's wings, wheels and wine on the Saturday... Maybe there might be still a few people around on Sunday morning?