April 2008

Admin

Time then to begin the competition for April. To win the next three editions of Australian Flying magazine for absolutely FREE, simply post your pictures or stories in this thread. The best of Aussie luck to you.

Oh, also don't forget a Caption for your image and just say if you also have another copy of the image that is:

• jpg format

• at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) at a usable size (say 6" x 4" or around 16 x 10 cms)

• and if to be considered as a cover pic - in vertical format

• aircraft(s) identified in caption

So if you win, your picture could go into Australian Flying magazine.

This should be a big month for flying, so get snapping and get the pictures into this thread for your chance to win.

AND a HUGE thanks to Australian Flying for supporting this great competition 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Guest pelorus32

A Brave Man?

Now Spacesage,

I'm not sure how to say this delicately...but:

I have a picture of me that's similar to that. I would never dream of/am not game to post it to the web.

Some things are simply toooo much ;)

Regards

Mike

Guest pelorus32
There you go changed....Another pic from the same flight

And a very attractive picture it is too!

Congratulations.

Mike

Guest Fred Bear

Not RAA/Commercial

A shot from our flight into Sydney the other morning onboard Singapore Airlines brand-new A380. Pity about the camera reflection 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

A380 sunrise, Tuesday 8th April 2008.

Guest sceadu52jr

The Scenic Rim - Boonah

The Scenic Rim SW of Boonah from the front seat of Drifter 1810.

Regards,

Wayne

[ATTACH]5574.vB[/ATTACH]

55-1810.jpg.63eedcaf8f5c28acbf8129e2d0b8c0cc.jpg

HELP!!!!

I keep trying to upload pictures here, but keep getting the message "Upload failed". The files are *.jpg, about 50 - 80 Kb and 480 x 640. What am I doing wrong?

Old Man Emu

Guest Fred Bear
sure is...:) and he still hasnt changed the coloured bands on the ASI, 120 Kph is the full flap approach speed.

What a pain :yuk:

RFDS

Photo taken back in Feb 2004 at YCVN,one of RFDS new pc12 vh-nwo [north west operations]. 2nd photo vh-nwo taxing to rwy04 with customs landing [it was a windy day] and a chopper in the background, just kidding.

Actually its a dragon fly in foreground.

1157139457_rfdsYCVN.jpg.67a99c68be91d3429d9f92699aa075b5.jpg

392760830_rfdscustomsandwhat.jpg.b06f15ffa5c98d7a6fc2fc58198500a5.jpg

Guest JRMobile

1_Yak.jpg

Yesterdays War Birds fly in at lismore attracted about 5 yaks this one really did shine!!

See gallery for more pics.

Cheers JR

The three pix above were taken while the Colyaer Freedom 100 was getting inspected so it could be registered in Australia. This was during the week after NatFly. It was supposed to have flown in to Narromine, but it didn't get released from Customs until Good Friday. It was driven up to Narromine for display.

I must say that the purpose built trailer that can be bought with it was very nice.

Thanks for uploading the pix, Ian. Can you PM me with a possible explanation for why I couldn't upload?

Old Man Emu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest S Ross

Australian Flying Photo competition

The Australian Flying Photo Competition for April has been judged. Congratulations go to Matt, who submitted the high quality gallery of images taken by "his friend Phil". 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

The difference that gets our attention is when the aircraft takes up almost the complete frame, which it has in these examples.

Please email me at [email protected] with your full name and address for the postage of your three issues of Australian Flying.

I also enjoyed Darren Masters' sunrise.

On the matter of camera reflection, I guess most of you will know that the closer your lens is to the perspex, the less chance of reflection. Having said that, PLEASE don't ever let any part of your camera touch that window surface. I've seen permanent scratches on perspex from this and it's just careless. One good way to avoid that happening (and it can happen with even the slightest bump), is to keep a finger just on the edge of the lens casing, between it and the window.

Guest Fred Bear
The Australian Flying Photo Competition for April has been judged. Congratulations go to Matt, who submitted the high quality gallery of images taken by "his friend Phil". 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifThe difference that gets our attention is when the aircraft takes up almost the complete frame, which it has in these examples.

Please email me at [email protected] with your full name and address for the postage of your three issues of Australian Flying.

I also enjoyed Darren Masters' sunrise.

On the matter of camera reflection, I guess most of you will know that the closer your lens is to the perspex, the less chance of reflection. Having said that, PLEASE don't ever let any part of your camera touch that window surface. I've seen permanent scratches on perspex from this and it's just careless. One good way to avoid that happening (and it can happen with even the slightest bump), is to keep a finger just on the edge of the lens casing, between it and the window.

Excellent tips there Shelley. Yes, scratches on perspex onboard aircraft are most annoying and I wish people would stop rubbing things on aircraft windows. I was quite close to the window on that shot, however, the A380 'mood' lighting is quite strong in the cabin. Another tip when taking early morning sunrise or sunset pics in the afternoon is to put the airline blanket between your head and the window and create a 'shroud' between yourself, the window and the cabin lighting. I failed to do that on this particular day! On another note, well done to Matt. Well deserved with those submissions! :thumb_up: