Fuel flow computers

Are you thinking of buying one or have you already bought it?

I installed a Flight Data FC-10 in my Legend. Once it was calibrated, I get reasonably accurate fuel consumption figures. It was about the cheapest fuel computer I could find.

23 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

Hi, if you have a  ' return line ' from your carbie, you will need two senders, 

spacesailor

Possibly - the computer head has the facility to accept a second sender (check out the address I posted)

In my, admittedly limited experience, calibrating a single sender system  for the whole of flight consumption pretty well accommodates the return fuel line 

You need to know the capacity of your tank(s). Fill the tank to a known point. Set computer to number of litres in full tank. Go fly (best a long flight). On return, re fill tank to same level, taking care to measure  amount added. This gives the fuel consumed for the whole flight - compare this figure  with the computers read out and adjust up/down accordingly. Repeat. You end up with a very accurate fuel used/remaining and an acceptable fuel flow rate in flight.

My MGL's have all had the capability. The Redcube is very popular for all of the EFIS out there. I just monitor the one flow and dont take into account the 3 litres per hour going back to the tank. This way you know that you will have a bit more in the tank if you use that function of time and fuel....

On 11/03/2021 at 7:50 AM, cscotthendry said:

Are you thinking of buying one or have you already bought it?

I installed a Flight Data FC-10 in my Legend. Once it was calibrated, I get reasonably accurate fuel consumption figures. It was about the cheapest fuel computer I could find.

The Flight Data FC-10 seems to be a very good price from Aircraft Spruce - what did you pay ? ( $600?)

6 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

The Flight Data FC-10 seems to be a very good price from Aircraft Spruce - what did you pay ? ( $600?)

I don't remember exactly how much it was and I paid in US$. I bought it while I was at Oshkosh in 2017. I think it was around $300 US, but I could be way wrong on that (Mind like a steel sieve!).

BTW that price included the sender (a red cube).

Edited by cscotthendry
  • Informative 1