1934 film about London (Croydon) Airport

Garfly

The hooked cross was seen all over the world for several years before the war broke out.

Fascinating that even in 1934, American aircraft were obviously a generation ahead. Hitler should have travelled a bit to learn about the real world.

• Like 1

The Douglas aircraft was a Swiss air DC2. KLM had them early also. At that stage I reckon Douglas was leading the world in aircraft structural design.. The DC2 very quickly was replaced by the  to become famous, DC3.  and the four engined DC-4 was only about 4 years away and capable of flying the Atlantic safely and comfortably. Almost able to be pressurised but that had to wait for the DC6..in the Douglas stable. Nev

• Like 1

What a great classic historical film record! There's some superb huge "flying machines" for the era, in there! 

I'm not so sure I like the outside locks on the doors!? There sure wasn't much crash planning in those days!

I trust all you blokes ensure you swab your tyres with a big broom, and bucket full of detergent, right after every landing? - just like that bloke was doing to Heracles? :cheezy grin:

• Agree 1

Yes it really was exceptionally clear and seeing how they ground the valve seats with a grinding head  located by the valve guide and rotated from outside. 4 valve heads too with valves inclined. The Brits sure had some good tooling... Nev

• Agree 1