I started a GA maintenance YouTube and I want your thoughts

I recently started a General Aviation YouTube channel.  I wanted to show what it’s like to work on GA.  One day your on a pristine FA33 Bonanza… the next day you’re working on a POS 210 that I wouldn’t even taxi in…..  your bosses tell you “this ain’t an annual, fix what he wants, warn him about the rest”. It can be frustrating and rewarding.  Just curious if these are the types of videos that are hitting and resonating with my target audience (GA mechanics and private owners). Feedback appreciated

Cessna 195.  No start diagnosis and repair.  A day in the life of an A&P mechanic

It’s worse than we thought. Engine overhaul gone 😑 wrong. Leaking Cessna 210 TSIO -520-R. A&P life

There’s a MOLE in our shop!!! 😡. Jet shades install can be tricky.  A&P aircraft mechanic life.
https://youtu.be/dXfEwGyX8f0

Edited by Rdog
  • Like 5
  • Informative 1

I watched a couple of your videos. I thought they were very interesting, but the topic seemed to jump around a bit.
I was absolutely stunned by the “tape plane”.
Thanks for sharing though, it's really interesting stuff, especially for those of us who maintain our own planes.

• Like 1

Having been a "Mr Fixit" for many, many years, I love these sort of videos and always try to consider what I think the problem is before it's revealed in the video.

Interesting stuff for anyone mechanically minded.

Thanks for posting and keep them coming, as i'm sure it will help many others who are not quite sure.

Always better to resolve problems while still on the ground, if possible.

• Like 1

There’s some scary content in these videos….I’m often amused when I talk pilot friends who say they couldn’t bring themselves to fly in an aircraft they built themselves (experimental/amateur). 

I counter by saying I can’t bring myself to fly in an aircraft that was built by someone I’d never met….

But then, I wouldn’t fly in aircraft that some of my pilot friends built either. 

• Like 4

I reckon maintenance provides the hardest puzzles of all and the saving thing is that there is no real pressure timewise ( like problems in the air ) and you can seek advice. There are several places to ask for advice, this site being one. Yes you will get some jokes made at your expense but there are guys on here who really know good stuff. It's the reason why I come here.

• Like 3