Jabiru Kubota Regulator

trailer

There are OEM Kubota regulators available, first pic is a random one I found online the second image is from a Jabiru. The colour of the wires are different in sequence on the Jab and the online versions. My question is do the pins in sequence perform the same job on 6 pin regulators or are the colour of the wires the indicator of function?

Screenshot_20230426_191923_AliExpress.jpg

20230426_144126.jpg

I guess the other thing to look at is if you can get another pic from the wire side. If all the different coloured wires all come out at the same spots then it's likely Jabiru just changed where they go on the plug.

The two light blue wires look bigger. That is probably the rectifier 

So it seems to me, and you can verify it against where the wires go from there that you have blue wires are rectifier, black and red are positive and negative and yellow and green, one will probably be warning light and maybe the other is ignition.

But what would be interesting is to see that same angle on the regulator you are interested in. If the wire colours go in the same place that those do, it's almost 100 per cent going to be the same. If they don't, that doesn't mean all is lost, but would need further investigation.

• Like 1

20230427_195530.thumb.jpg.5c777854db2c37d68385a2211c18bef9.jpgthis image above is the wiring diagram from Jabiru and  the r2013.0.2x is the non genuine. The wires come out of the regulator in differnt spots but all end up in the plug in the same configuration as the Jabiru diagram. Screenshot_20230427_194927_AliExpress.thumb.jpg.9038a37a09e1eeedae01a49c2a2eea66.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Oh, I was thinking you meant the wires go into the plug in different spots! Looking pretty good, just check it's for the same amperage alternator I guess. 

Looks like a few of us are having luck tracking down the exact same peripheral part that the engine maker uses. Same quality cos it's the same part, but at automotive prices instead of aircraft prices 🙂

• Like 1