Rotax 912uls ignition pinout

There's a wire labelled for soft start, seperate from that housing. There are two of those housings with one empty spot each by the way. That's why I was thinking it might be for the kill switches. But I better make sure before blow something up 😁

• Like 1

Heavy Maintenance Manual section 74-00-00 Page 29, 912 'New Model' ignition circuit diagram.
Shows plugs, sockets layout and wire colour coding, with coding key at lower LH.
The missing wire goes to the kill switch.
Cannot tell you what sort of connector, Mark will know.

Each module has it's own soft start input. But those have probably been joined, to make one wire that goes to the starter solenoid.
Or that's what I did.

• Informative 1

The softstart inputs on the module are just joined together then a wire run back from those two inputs to the coil energising wire of the solenoid. There should only be 12v on the softstart wire while the starter solenoid is engaged. One the solenoid is not in use and there is no 12V on that point the input of the CDI there is a timing circuit inside it that holds the genuine Rotax units for about 6 seconds in full retard. After that 6 seconds then the engine switches to full advance and stays there until the engine is eventually shutdown after running or flight

• Informative 1

On a new engine you will have got the terminals required in the small cardboard box supplied with the engine. at least for the ignition shutdown which is shown in your picture. Separate wires are run back from those 2 modules back to the 2 switches on your panel.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/06/2023 at 11:41 AM, Kyle Communications said:

I have the terminals if you want some

That will be the kill sw wire it will be under the oragnce wire coming from the CDI module side.

The mauve/purple wire at the CDI end is softstart

is that a new engine?

My source fell through. I'll buy a couple off you. Will pm 🙂