Dual Inspection for a folding wing aircraft

Some VH- registered aircraft have the capability for the wings to be folded for storage. Take the Comper Swift as an example.

image.jpeg.782911d0ec1f7f29b4d9a5f85d2579f0.jpeg

It's a one-man job to unfold the wings and secure them for flight, but how does one comply with the requirement for a dual inspection of flight control systems when they have been separated? Does the same need for a dual inspection arise if, in folding the wings fuel lines have been separated?

IF they are properly designed the  controls will only hook up in the ONE correct way Gliders being transported have that problem but if you're clever you'll do it well or you won't be seen around long.  Nev

• Like 1

I'm not saying that the owner of an aircraft with folding wings would not know how to do the job correctly. What I am saying is that I believe that under CASR, a dual inspection is required when anything to do with controls has been connected (or re-connected in this case). The second party to a dual inspection can be any person who is legally permitted to carry out and sign off a daily inspection on the Maintenance Release, i.e. a qualified pilot. It doesn't have to be a LAME. 

I doubt if RAA would have a requirement for dual inspections, but I can be corrected.

14 minutes ago, onetrack said:

Jabiru stopped making folding wings for their aircraft more than 20 years ago.

its a pity. great for getting in and out of hangars.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrendAn said:

this is in the classifieds. didn't know it was a jab option.

That's the picture that prompted my creating this thread. I didn't want to raise the matter within the seller's thread.

What also directed my line of thought was that this aircraft is VH registered, and therefore the owner must comply with the CASRs.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1