Air Museum at Narellan to reopen

Did you know that there is an Air Museum at Narellan, just near Camden? It's located in Stewart Street, which is directly across Camden Valley Way from Narellan Macca's.

The Museum has a fantastic collection of aircraft, including a Mosquito, a Beaufighter, Bell helicopter and a Vultee Vengence with about 10 hours on the engine.

The original owner's have passed away in the last few years, but I recently heard that the heir to the Estate has decided against dispersing the collection, and will reopen the museum.

When that actually happens, I don't know. I'm just happy with the news that the collection will remain together. Too bad that it is not located on an airfield where those aircraft capable of running could have their day in the Sun again.

Old Man Emu

Darren,

This is good news, and i've have known about this place for a long time now, but doubt whether you'd ever find time to get there, because you and Emma are always heading away somewhere on bargain flights. You seem to have "the good oil" on these great offers, so if you find any round the world trips for 50 bucks, i'm happy to pay for you and Emma and the kids to go as well, if you just spread the word.

Rgds Alan

Guest Flyer40

Fantastic news. Being able to climb into the cockpit of a Canberra at the Narellan museum was probably one of the better museum experiences. I hope the new owner can recapture the character of the place. It was very special.

That is great - there are certainly some interesting aircraft there. I remember when it was at the airfield they used to ground run the Sea Fury !!

When i was flying out camden i heard of the Museum. it would be good to see it open again because some of the aircraft can not be seen anywhere else.

paul