Headset seals

Parkway

So i bought a custom made headset from a guy that's no longer in business. I think it was called the Squawk Shoppe over in the US. Anyway i'm trying to find some replacement gel seals that will fit, and all google is showing up is either bose or david clrake seals! Does anyone have any idea where i should go looking for alternatives? From what i can see the david clark ones are the same style of seal but slightly bigger. I was trying to avoid going down the road of becoming Macgyver... 

• Like 1

Google aviation headset gel cushions. Most of the David Clarke style cushions seem to be interchangeable, I've successfully refurbished Sigtronics, Altronic and Avcom headsets with them.

Have a look through www.headsetsinc.com to get an idea of other available bits and pieces.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SilverHammer said:

Google aviation headset gel cushions. Most of the David Clarke style cushions seem to be interchangeable, I've successfully refurbished Sigtronics, Altronic and Avcom headsets with them.

Have a look through www.headsetsinc.com to get an idea of other available bits and pieces.

Yeah! but what of the price ? You can usually bet on anything with an aviation relationship is +++$$$$

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Yeah! but what of the price ? You can usually bet on anything with an aviation relationship is +++$$$$

Pity you didn't look at the Google search I mentioned, usually less than $20, Aliexpress has them for:

AU$3.29
AU$4.28-23%

302x64.png.png_.webp5+ pieces, extra 5% off

Gel Ear Seals Ear Pads for David Clark H10 Series Headsets, ATH-50x,Rugged, Faro, ASA Telex 25xt Pilot Aviation Headsets

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BrendAn said:

i purchased some for peltor headsets off ebay for $ 26  delivered. 

Terrific BrebdAN - I have always liked the Peltor headsets  light, comfortable and good passive noise attenuation. I believe that you can fit any of the cushions, inner foam from the industrial hearing protectors. - I have one set.

11 hours ago, BrendAn said:

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

i just bought some David Clarke H10 compatibles on Ebay, $22.45 delivered (seem to be the same as the Ali Express cheapies) & installed them today. Just as good as the originals  I reckon. I think the only difference is delivery time.

• Like 1