Smithy's "Old Bus" (replica) flies again at HARS • Paul Stewart's raw footage.

Garfly

Yeah ... hopefully - in post - shots from the chopper will be combined with the static cam stuff plus some on-board angles and then righteous roars will replace those ruined raws.

Edited by Garfly
  • Winner 1

THAT replica is ONE plane I'd like the opportunity of flying. In Contrast I'd not worry about not ever flying a Fokker F 27 again. Their DC-4 Yes please. Very good memories of the challenges shared and a Genuine Lady of the Skies that carried two American Presidents across the North Atlantic when they were New.  Nev

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Do you  see many others doing it?. I haven't.  I do  a wheeler IF the conditions justify it Gusty etc, but plan what  ever you  want before doing it  Nev

Curtis Aviation, Camden, seem to do most of their training in Citabrias - that's where I did my tailwheel endorsement. They train you to do a  3 pointer first , when that has been achieved, they move on the the wheel landing.

My Sonex doesn't have a lot of prop clearance - a heavy wheel landing might just result in a bit of ploughing - best to stick with 3 pointers.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1