Up, up and away

Ok, I definitely wouldn’t want someone shooting at me while using it (I guess I should say that I don’t want someone shooting at me any time! 🫣), but wouldn’t it be awesome fun to use.

• Like 1

The military value is pretty limited when you've got no armaments - but the baddies have missiles, rockets, heavy machine guns, RPG's, and big guns galore!

I'll only take one when they have the Mark VII version, with the death ray laser gun!

Another amazing gadget searching for a problem to solve.

if it could clock 400kt, break into a hijacked jet liner, and dismember joe average hijacker who is not really named joe. Then it might be a useful thing.

Still waiting for my flying car they promised me last century in 1923!

Edited by Area-51
  • Agree 1

I can see use for the devices in SAR in rugged terrain. They might even be able to find the wreckage of VH-MDX with one, now THAT would make for some great news!

Look, I'm all for jet packs.

But horses for courses.  A $1,000 drone will be more helpful for SAR. (The search bit, anyway.) at 1,000 hp the range of this thing would be pathetic.   

If you want to board a ship then the RHIB's with some sort of compressed air grappling hook would be almost as fast and a lot stealthier. 

• Informative 1