Moruya

Guest High Plains Drifter

Humble apoligies to anyone who thought I was having a harsh go at them directly re idle, or any, speculation - that was NOT my intent.

My concerns are more for ALL acciedent discusion threads.

IMHO, acciedent discusion is probably best left until we have the CASA/RAAus reports to read and discuss.

Ok Guys...enough now...PLEASE!!!

I see that Tony has started a thread that covers forum discussions regarding accidents so let's 099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Guest Illyria

I have made my reasoning very clear as to why I have an issue with idle speculation and I refer you back to my previous post and the discussion about the concerns I have over the constant calls to ground all warbirdz. This is an issue for me and for many I know and certainly the likes of CP and GC would be really unhappy if their deaths fueled by public speculation gave the naysayers the opportunity to ground the old war planes.

Flying these old warbirdz is about enjoyment of the plane, and in their enjoyment those of us get to enjoy it as well. You only need to go to Temora and look at the faces of the old blokes as they walk around the spitfires, remembering their times in the sky to know it's all worth fighting hard for.

I was lucky enough to see Matt Dennings Boomerang when he first started taking it to airshows. I remember the pride this young guy showed as he stood in front of his plane, basking in the attention of the airshow visitors.

Or the excitement as that Canberra Bomber was flown back into Australia and every time it's started up.

Additionally, I denounce all attempts to clarify that speculation is ok because it's a training tool, it's not and never will be. One thing I have learnt since working in aircraft investigation (nothing impressive, just a Clerk) is that those who *claim* to know what happened rarely do.

I do absolutely agree though, that it takes CASA far to long to complete and release the findings of their investigations, but I guess they have a lot to do with the investigation, the writeup, and ensuring all is legally OK prior to releasing the information to those of us who really don't necessarily have a need to know, unless the problem affects the particular plane we are flying.

and in this instance, unless you are flying a Nanchang CJ6 what is really gleaned from the accident report anyway?

As for visiting, now I keep getting emails when people respond :) rofl ... and I had to respond on another thread. I may take a look around but i'm a little wary about what i may see. :)

Guest Illyria

I like your private messages ...

This is not the place 4u. Methusala

and your emoticons ...113_im_with_stupid.gif.c7998083611453eb404ccd147fef8c5f.gif

018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Illyria

You have certainly hit this forum with a vengeance and stuck it up some.

Just as a matter of interest, will you please advise whether you are a GA person or whether you have an RAA licence?

Do you have an abiding interest in Recreational Aviation or are you on this forum under other colours ... as your profile says that you don't have anything from any where? Yet your 2nd last post makes it appear that you might have a chip on both shoulders about warbirdies.

G'day Illyria

I have made my reasoning very clear as to why I have an issue with idle speculation and I refer you back to my previous post and the discussion about the concerns I have over the constant calls to ground all warbirdz.

Can't say I've read anyone here mentioning anything about the aircraft being a warbird as signifigant. Or calling for the grounding of any warbirdz.

Additionally, I denounce all attempts to clarify that speculation is ok because it's a training tool, it's not and never will be.

Your opinion and you are free to express it :thumb_up:

as it is mine to disagree and disregard your denouncing.:confused:

As for visiting, now I keep getting emails when people respond :) rofl ... and I had to respond on another thread. I may take a look around but i'm a little wary about what i may see. :)

Have a browse through the incidents and accidents threads. You may just be surprised at the insight and wisdom contained within it.

Cheers!