What Flight Planner do you use?

moy71

Flight planner

If you go to www.airborne-aviation.com.au then click on Resources, scroll down and click on Flight planning, then down load 'Flight Planner v1.2'

This is a good free planner. You put in your aircraft performance details, type in waypoints it will give you track, gound speed, and time. You can put in wind direction and speed and it automaticaly adjusts heading, ground speed and time. it calculates fuel also. Just follow instructions.

It also has full list of airports and waypoints which can be added to.

Nice handy little planner if you don't want the latest and greatest.

Harthy

Guest Brett Campany

I've got the Ausnav Flight Planner but whether I use it or not will be a different story. For work I'm using a WAC ruler, compass and relevant chart.

www.airborne-aviation.com.au[/url] then click on Resources, scroll down and click on Flight planning, then down load 'Flight Planner v1.2'

Harthy, this sure is handy! What is the pasword to un-protect the cells to add endurance etc??

John

John,

As far as I know all you need to do is 'disable macros' when you open the program. This will allow you to put in your aircraft performance figures and wind speed/direction. Everything else is locked by the creator.

Is this what you are asking about?

Hope this helps

Harthy

Yarthy, I don't think it is the macros. If you wish to enter your endurance in the fuel calculations, it comes up with a message that the cell is protected. If you try to un-protect it, it askes for a password.

John

Hi John,

I've used this spreadsheet for several years. It's great. Simple and quick. When I first got it I used a password cracker to look at the formulae with a view to making a few "tweaks". Took one look and closed the bonnet again very quickly. They are extremely complex.

You will find that if you simply enter the data where specified the sheet works out a perfect flight plan for you.

In the middle of the sheet are two boxes for fuel. Enter the amount of fuel you have into those boxes (marked Left and Right tanks) and the endurance will be calculated based on the fuel burn you entered into the Aircraft Reference Card. If you only have one tank, just use one side.

Regards,

Bruce

Hi John,I've used this spreadsheet for several years. It's great. Simple and quick. When I first got it I used a password cracker to look at the formulae with a view to making a few "tweaks". Took one look and closed the bonnet again very quickly. They are extremely complex.

You will find that if you simply enter the data where specified the sheet works out a perfect flight plan for you.

In the middle of the sheet are two boxes for fuel. Enter the amount of fuel you have into those boxes (marked Left and Right tanks) and the endurance will be calculated based on the fuel burn you entered into the Aircraft Reference Card. If you only have one tank, just use one side.

Regards,

Bruce

What spreadsheet are you talking about Bruce?

Flight Planning Software

I've also used the spreadsheet on the Airborne Aviation website & found it to be very easy to use.

Another one I've come across is kwik-nav, from the Sport Aircraft Builders Club (SABC) website. The address is below.

I haven't had much time to check it out or verify how current the info is, but I thought others may wish to have a look.

Cheers, Moz

Kwik Navigation Planner