Amelia

Guest ozzie

Hilary Swank has an uncanny likeness to Amelia and her acting ability should give the role justice....If the movie ends up crap at least I will enjoy watching the Electra aerial shots...and did you know that there is a plaque dedicated to Amelia Earhart and the service of women pilots in the front of the old terminal at Dalby aerodrome:big_grin:

and did you know that there is a plaque dedicated to Amelia Earhart and the service of women pilots in the front of the old terminal at Dalby aerodrome:big_grin:

Oh yeah, I've seen that, but have never actually read it properly!

I'm totally psyched!!! looks great. I'm surprised they didn't call it "The fun of it" though. I agree with winsor68, a kiddy fly movie that I was quite taken with was "sky kids" if the others just don't do it for you, it was cute, funny and action packed - from memory.

DarkSarcasm; Hilary Swank - good, Richard Gere - goooood, Ewan McGregor - GOOOOOOOOD...Planes - AWESOMELY GOOOOOOOOOOD! in the order of enthusiasm :big_grin:

First and ONLY Danielle Steel book I've ever read "Wings", great book. Little sad, loads of correlation with the Earhart story. The main character idolises Amelia. I'll say no more, but if guys or girls want to pass time 'til the movie is realeased,...well I liked it anyway.

• 11 months later...

Amelia's plane found??

This is from today's electronic newspaper in New Zealand (stuff.co.nz):

Seventy-three years after the aircraft flown by aviatrix Amelia Earhart went missing, the wreckage of a plane some claim is hers has been found in deep water 800 kilometres east of where she was last seen.

But claims that the Lockheed Electra – with the remains of two humans in it – is lying in the Solomon Seas, off the west coast of the island of Buka in Papua New Guinea, have provoked derision from professional Earhart hunters, who believe she got further.

"It is causing a lot of excitement here," journalist Stain Sawa, from PNG's National Broadcasting Corporation, said yesterday.

Although he has yet to see it himself, he says experts say the plane is an Electra, the type Earhart was flying when she disappeared. "The plane is still intact but is partly covered by coral reef."

The fate of the American celebrity flier and her navigator Fred Noonan has been an enduring mystery since they took off from Lae, in New Guinea, on July 2, 1937, for Howland Atoll, an uninhabited United States island 3000 kilometres southwest of Honolulu.

Some claim she fell into Japanese hands and was taken prisoner and killed as a spy, while others say she crashed on the island of Nikumaroro in Kiribati and died there.

Tighar, a foundation based in the US state of Delaware, has a contract with Discovery Television to explore Nikumaroro for Earhart, and claims it has found evidence.

Executive director Ric Gillespie said that while Buka would have been on the route Earhart flew, Tighar believed it could prove she got much further. "Someone finds an Earhart plane at least once a month," he said from Delaware.

The find at Buka, which is at the northern end of the province of Bougainville, has turned into a political drama with fears that an American group is trying to take as much of the plane as it can.

Local politicians have become involved and an expedition is to be mounted next month in a bid to confirm the identity of the plane.

It lies in waters up to 40 metres deep.

SOURCE: Claims Amelia Earhart's plane found | Stuff.co.nz

Guest studentbiggles
I'm totally psyched!!! looks great. I'm surprised they didn't call it "The fun of it" though. I agree with winsor68, a kiddy fly movie that I was quite taken with was "sky kids" if the others just don't do it for you, it was cute, funny and action packed - from memory.DarkSarcasm; Hilary Swank - good, Richard Gere - goooood, Ewan McGregor - GOOOOOOOOD...Planes - AWESOMELY GOOOOOOOOOOD! in the order of enthusiasm :big_grin:

First and ONLY Danielle Steel book I've ever read "Wings", great book. Little sad, loads of correlation with the Earhart story. The main character idolises Amelia. I'll say no more, but if guys or girls want to pass time 'til the movie is realeased,...well I liked it anyway.

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Hi Jodie...Whats wrong with Richard Gere? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif Hows things...nice little piccy of you and the "Girls" snuggling up to our "Matty" on page 41 in AWPA Airnews mag :big_grin: :big_grin:....Now thats a cute little number your standing near...025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif...( and Matts not bad either) !! Wait till I see Tammy and Anna I'll give them what for..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

All the gang from AWPA ,Yppf and surounds are off up to St IvesFlyin this weekend...051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif but not me shame

Back to thread, saw a great doco a few weeks back on ABC on "Panco Barnes"....Amelia's main rivial in racing.......Thats the start of the "Powder Puff Pilots" legends in the States...see if you can get to see the show by contacting them (ABC)

Bye, Fly those big and Fast Ones Safe...You lucky girl...Cheers Alley