Hard starting Jaburi 2200

Guest The Bushman

Guest The Bushman

I listed a report on this site as to Hard Starting Jabs well I now have the answer and after now doing 2 engines and both starting on the 3rd Revetation and both on a cold frosty morning I have still some more to do then will list the procedure to follow

Remember Starter ok Battery good then my 5min Mod and away she goes each and every time

The Bushman 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Remove both "o" rings from the starter motor....(steel thru-bolts are too resistive !) and add earth lead to the rear (brush end) of the starter.........been there etc. etc.

Fix.

I saw the above recommendation on the Jabiru site a fair while ago. I don't have a Jabiru, but I work with starter motors, and this seems like the most likely point to start with. (pun not intended). With starter motors, if you crank them for a short while and then feel for hot terminals, end caps etc the heat will tell you where the problem is most times .Nev. ...

Guest The Bushman

hard Starting Jab

nice try but no where near it ??

and after the comments about the incorrect spelling, we are not all perfect

Now done several aircraft with all owners very pleased with result

the answer now stays with me

The Bushman thumb_downthumb_down:censored:088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

nice try but no where near it ??and after the comments about the incorrect spelling, we are not all perfect

Now done several aircraft with all owners very pleased with result

the answer now stays with me

The Bushman thumb_downthumb_down:censored:088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Bushman

If my comment offended, I appologise unreservedly. My aim was not to upset you.

I do not claim to be perfect. Obvoiusly my sense of humor is not perfect.

Qwerty

Bushman has it any thing to do with an extra ignition ? below one of your posting from April 09

Cheers

Theo

Phil thanks for the carton LOL

"Cold Start Jabby "

" Hi Why not fit Auto ignition from four cylinder car Electronic have been using one for years three switches on full choke one or two turns and away, and if the battery is Flat hand cranking can be done so beware my Jabby Bites ?? once started turn off Third Ignition,:Flush::Flush: last Battery I replaces was stuffed could just start engine but still did

The other morning at Bourke there was 1/2 inch of ice on the wings after overnight outside 3 clicks two turns and away she goes best system I have every used

The Bushman "

Guest The Bushman

jab 2200 hard starting

:faint:no standard ignition as fitted the third ign was to hand start, the mod is to allow starting as normal second or third Revolution of the prop (Checked the Dictionary)

The bushman 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

"Hard starting jab

As reported in a earlier Forum My New members jab was very hard to start

Well now starting on the second or third swing on a cold Morning

Found that in the enrichment disk in the carby needed to be drilled out to 1/16 and turn the disk around to the 8 oclock position (Dot on the Shaft) and this engine is only 10 hrs old from Factory also will futher test and may need to increase jet size in bowl for choke side off fuel supply now 80 85 available as standard

James"

The above was posted last month (linked at the bottom of this thread) I dont know if thats what is been kept secret however its not really applicable unless the status of the drilling (or not) of the idle air hole and the idle jet size are known for a particular engine. These items changed a lot with the various issues and revisions of the carb tuning kit. As I've not had cold starting problems but keep a can of SYB handy as a threat - just reading the label cheers me up.

Ralph

Ralph

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Maj Millard

Well you've upset him now, touchy,touchy. It's also known as the golden rule. When you've got the gold, you make the rules !!....................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 2 years later...
Well you've upset him now, touchy,touchy. It's also known as the golden rule. When you've got the gold, you make the rules !!....................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi all, it seems to me that a lot of people have spent a whole lotta money on shiny new aircraft that dont like to start on cold mornings. Why not refer the problem to the people who should be addressing the issue? !!!... Jabiru Aircraft Company!!, Happy cranking.

We tried all the fixes mentioned above on one of our J230s and it still refused to fire on cold mornings here in Bathurst.. Then 'the factory' suggested trying NGK Iridium plugs = now starts every time and pulls more revs. - and the plugs last 'forever'. (At this stage only approved for use in the 3300 motor - something to do with certification).